Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec S 1.0 Ecoboost 0-60

causer

I'm picking my zetec s up on friday, drove it quite a few times through having it as a hire car and absolutely loved it! After looking at a few videos on youtube, there seems to be some debate over the 0-60 on the 125 model as many people seem to think the 0-60 is around 8seconds rather than fords 9.1.

Was just wondering what kind of figures you guys were getting?

That's still pretty quick though, it's more than enough for normal driving conditions :)

I was getting about 8.3 over a few runs. I'm sure it depends how the engine is "run in" so to speak

You won't beat the makers claimed 0-62, they are set in optimal conditions. Also using a iPhone stopwatch or satnav isn't accurate at all.

Fifth gear tried to match the claimed figures ( can't remember what car it was) and couldn't get within half a second, no matter how they launched the car.

Similar to claimed mpg, your not going to match that either.

A lot of people have timed themselves on youtube hitting around 7-8 seconds. Not sure how true these are but they seem pretty legitimate when you watch them

A lot of people have timed themselves on youtube hitting around 7-8 seconds. Not sure how true these are but they seem pretty legitimate when you watch them

Best get on to Ford's marketing department then, as they're clearly under selling the car's performance. They'd sell far more if they quoted the times from YouTube rather than there own testing.

Best get on to Ford's marketing department then, as they're clearly under selling the car's performance. They'd sell far more if they quoted the times from YouTube rather than there own testing.

I have no doubt that the figures ford are stating are probably true, just seems strange the amount of people that have claimed otherwise

I heard rumors a while ago Ford purposely made the 0-60 higher than it actually is to keep the insurance group down...

I suppose the only way to properly test it would be to take it to a track or test it on the dyno. Would be interesting to find out

If people believe those times, it means my ST (with mountune kit) is only half a second quicker 0 - 60 than my old Zetec S.

I used several different timing measures so I could collate as accurate a reading I could without using speed traps etc...

To be honest, I truly don't believe it's as slow as Ford has stated. Saying that though, I find it hard to believe it's in the 7s without some work.

As I said. It depends how you "run it in" a softly, softly touch will yield slower acceleration but better mpg, however, an engine that's been driven hard will yield the opposite.

There are too many real world factors to prove and disprove fords claims.

I must have had the worlds slowest ZS, as my ST feels a lot quicker than the 0.5 seconds suggested here.

• Like 1

If you put a zs on the track and get the take off and gear change right you can get around 8.7 sec at best but mostly 8.9 ford figure is 9.4 so the car is quicker, but the ST is a lot quicker plus more power through the gears

You won't beat the makers claimed 0-62, they are set in optimal conditions. Also using a iPhone stopwatch or satnav isn't accurate at all.

Fifth gear tried to match the claimed figures ( can't remember what car it was) and couldn't get within half a second, no matter how they launched the car.

Similar to claimed mpg, your not going to match that either.

Mazda mx5 it was. Mazda (owned by Ford) got the figure on a downhill slope I'm sterile conditions.

OP why have you stolen my car and using it as your profile picture?

OP why have you stolen my car and using it as your profile picture?

I didn't even realise who's it was mate lmao. haven't got my black zs yet so I just used the first decent picture I could find until I can get a pic of mine. If you want me to change it I will

I didn't even realise who's it was mate lmao. haven't got my black zs yet so I just used the first decent picture I could find until I can get a pic of mine. If you want me to change it I will

Nah I'll let you off just freaked me out when I saw it haha.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

• Like 1

With my Ecoboost 125 I could get around 9.4secs when timing it with a obdII device bluetoothed to my phone. That is still quicker than what ford advertised. Interestingly in my new Black Edition 140 I can only manage 9.5 :S.

To be fair tho, there is still only 500miles on my new car so I hope it improves and maybe my driving it improves too :P

Is there a noticeable difference between the ZS and the Black Edition?

Is there a noticeable difference between the ZS and the Black Edition?

Yes and No. The 140 has slightly more meaty sound than the ZS and the ride is virtually identical. As for the power, it is noticeable but because the gearing is slightly different the 0-62 are very similar as you have to change to 3rd at around 55-57mph. In 3rd tho, the 140 just wants to go compared in the ZS

Was incredibly close to getting a black edition, decided against it due to a massive discount I received on the ZS due to the guy at ford accidently giving me a business price for the finance so he had to go ahead with the quoted price. Who wouldn't snap up £180 a month!!!

• Like 1

If people believe those times, it means my ST (with mountune kit) is only half a second quicker 0 - 60 than my old Zetec S.

Exactly, and the ST has to be changed into 3rd to get to 60, so we can probably take another half second off for that :). Also being front wheel drive cars the 0-60 doesn't really do them justice in my opinion, because there is such a lack of grip off the line compared so RWD or AWD cars. Something like a 20-80 time would be better :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club