Do Not Sell My Personal Information

16" Titanium alloy tyres do NOT like kerbs!

abx

I tried to glue it down with some bike tyre repair glue stuff, no joy. I'm gonna go out and give superglue a quick try just now!

Oops...

Attempted a U-turn with some expected kerb mounting however in my last car kerb mounting was always fine. In the Fiesta, see for yourself!

DSC00304.jpg

I know this sounds harsh but maybe the lesson here is to do with your U-turn technique. Not sure when you passed your test but in 1983 when I passed mine the 3 point turn had to be done without hitting the kerb!

you may need a new tyre as that may have weakened the sidewall. over time that could cause a blowout. you would be best to get it checked.

you may need a new tyre as that may have weakened the sidewall. over time that could cause a blowout. you would be best to get it checked.

I would definitely put a new tyre on. :rolleyes:

Yeah but I bet yours was an accident jamiemc88

Yowsers abx, looks painful! I'd get a new tyre on that personally. Not to worry, these thing happen. Not all of us can be perfect, a fair few people mount a kerb here or there ;) I'm sure you didn't come here for a lecture on test etiquette...

Yowsers abx, looks painful! I'd get a new tyre on that personally. Not to worry, these thing happen. Not all of us can be perfect, a fair few people mount a kerb here or there ;) I'm sure you didn't come here for a lecture on test etiquette...

Lol ya, I have racked up many many miles over the years. Just attempted this U-turn on a busy road in Manchester so it was a bit of a rushed job. Normally my alloys (and U-turns) are perfect! :ph34r: I took it in to KwikFit and the guy said it was fine and that section is thicker and does not affect the integrity of the tyre. Plus at £118 for a new tyre I think I'll hold off for a bit as the car isn't even a month old!! Although with the miles I do I'll need new ones within a few months!

£118??? Really? Oh dear.

Can anyone tell me the size of rubber that goes on the X Pack 17s? I'd like to get some quotes for the rubber so I know what to expect.

£118??? Really? Oh dear.

Can anyone tell me the size of rubber that goes on the X Pack 17s? I'd like to get some quotes for the rubber so I know what to expect.

It is 205/40 R17 I had to get a new Pirelli P Zero Nero and it cost £140 from National. They forgot to balance it and they scraped my wheel so I wasnt best pleased.

The online price from national was about £100 but they only told me that after i got it fitted.

Thanks very much - may I recommend Black Circles?

Excellent service in the past - and the same tyres you mention are £90 - fully fitted and balanced.

does anyone know the tyre size of these ?

P1020932.jpg

they are 15" ford ka wheels, i think they're from the luxury spec from many moons ago

if it helps they're 7" wide! i just want to get an idea about how much tyres will cost :)

They're the wheels I had on my Ka - and have all my receipts at home. I'm down south at present, but if nobody is able to tell you I'll look 'em up when I get home.

They're the wheels I had on my Ka - and have all my receipts at home. I'm down south at present, but if nobody is able to tell you I'll look 'em up when I get home.

thank you very much! that would be useful

and what are you doing down there? get back up here this instant!!

unless you're in london, you're allowed there, especially if its walking up and down the thames on a lovely friday morning like i did whilst my dad was working once, it was a lovely day!!

I'm in Southend - at the future in-laws. Is that ok? :lol:

If they are the wheels I had - they're 15s. I could be wrong of course.

I had a Collection, which I think had the same wheels as the Luxury.

i thought they were 14"'s as well. but when i measured them they were 15"'s.

shouldnt be a problemfitting them to the fiesta, i hope!!

My Ka Collection had wheel trims, my Ka Zetec had alloys, but I can't for the life of me remember what they looked like.

Oops...

Attempted a U-turn with some expected kerb mounting however in my last car kerb mounting was always fine. In the Fiesta, see for yourself!

DSC00304.jpg

Apparently it doesn't need to be changed but it's sooo annoying! There's a wee scuff on the feckin alloy too! :angry:

Sorry, but there's absolutely no way, at all, that I'd drive on a tyre in that condition! I know that a new tyre will be expensive, but just think about a potential blow out at 70MPH in the outside lane of a wet motorway... The Titanium tyres are quite "low profile", this is probably why yours has suffered so much damage.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club