Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Tail/brake Lights (Mk2 Saloon)

APJ

afternoon chaps,

Just curious as to whether anyone has fitted these http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-ultimate-canbus-92-smd-led-bulb.html to their Focus for tail/brake lights? Are they any good? too bright? Do they work correctly? any flicker on start up? Would it be an MOT failure with these LED Bulbs?

I noticed that there are 3 different types of this led bulb....one has 92 led's inside it (which is the one i was thinking of going for), the other has 60 led's and the third has 27 led's. Has anyone fitted these?

I don't think it'd be an MOT pass (if the bulbs were checked!) if you had leds in anything other than side lights - don't all bulbs have to be "E" marked?

(And at £2 for 10 bulbs for brake/tail lights, and £2.50 odd for a front headlight bulb, I would say a false economy).

Hi mate, I fitted these type of lights on my Focus around 18 months (cheapo ones off ebay). Other than 1 developing a flicker they are still going strong.

I think your right mate, if you look in the specifications next to 'road legal' its just blank...so i guess that means this particular LED bulb is not road legal. Still tempted to get em and switch em out when due for MOT.....if they are any good

My full rear light array has been replaced with LED/SMD's & it's gone through 2 MOT's without comment. I don't know about the road legal aspect but that's own personal experience.