Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Faulty Mondeo

Gannic

Hi,

I recently took the Mondeo to have its MOT at a local repair chain. At which they found a leaking water pump which they had to replace before completing the MOT.

I collected the car a Mondeo 2.2 Diesel Ghia X estate and returned home.

Several days later I was out in the car driving along the motorway and noticed a definite lack of power. As I was on my way to have a stainless steel exhaust fitted I asked the engineer to check the loss of power.

He noted that the Turbo was not working and their was NO vacuum. He couldn't sort the problem as he was fully booked. Therefore I took the car to a local garage who found three splits in the vacuum pipes and two not fitted. These were sorted and yes there is an improvement.

BUT, still the Mondeo is not quite right. I had it remapped in September last year and what an improvement it gave. NOW I notice the fuel consumption is in the low thirties as apposed to being in the high forties mid fifties following the remap.

Question could the remap have been effected by the MOT and or the work carried out in fitting of the water pump or the damage to the vacuum pipes actuating the turbo??

It does feel like them turbo is kicking in much later than- a; before the car was remapped, and b; for sure after the remap.

Your help in identifying possible faults would be appreciated

Regards

if they have done a ECU update it would have wiped it out, but that loss suggests more is problematic.

I think you have another split or crack somewhere which is well hidden.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club