Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Fuse Size Mini Or Micro?

1stghia

Hi all,

as per the title can anyone give me a clue on fuse sizes in the passenger side fuse box, I only have ato sizes so i can't measure and can't find the info online.

focus 55 plate 1.8 tdci

many thanks :)

It's the 'mini' type blade fuses you need.

• Like 3

Many thanks, much appreciated :-)

Hi all,

as per the title can anyone give me a clue on fuse sizes in the passenger side fuse box, I only have ato sizes so i can't measure and can't find the info online.

focus 55 plate 1.8 tdci

many thanks :)

It's the 'mini' type blade fuses you need.

Yes its the "mini" type it is. you can get small packs online with a few different fuse sizes (ie 10amp,3amp 5amp.......ect) that are very handy to have as spares when you need them.

I included a link below to give you an idea.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-Trade-Direct-Mixed-Motorbike/dp/B00904JCSS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425379274&sr=8-1&keywords=mini+blade+fuses

Hope this helps

:)

• Like 2

Yes its the "mini" type it is. you can get small packs online with a few different fuse sizes (ie 10amp,3amp 5amp.......ect) that are very handy to have as spares when you need them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/All-Trade-Direct-Mixed-Motorbike/dp/B00904JCSS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425379274&sr=8-1&keywords=mini+blade+fuses

Hope this helps

I was expecting the usual link where you pay £2 for 5 fuses - they really do cost peanuts so it's good to see some priced accordingly.

• Like 1

I was expecting the usual link where you pay £2 for 5 fuses - they really do cost peanuts so it's good to see some priced accordingly.

the link wasn't for halfrauds though :lol:

• Like 1

I personally use blow'n'glow fuses.

When one pops it lights up for easy detection.

Smaller packs are available and Halfords do sell them too but only in small packs so work out expensive to do both fuse boxes in your car.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271407723647&alt=web

• Like 2

Hope this helps

Many Thanks for the additional info :D

• Like 1

I personally use blow'n'glow fuses.

When one pops it lights up for easy detection.

Smaller packs are available and Halfords do sell them too but only in small packs so work out expensive to do both fuse boxes in your car.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271407723647&alt=web

lol wow never knew anything like this existed, as it's a pain in the

**** trying to see if one has gone or not, many thanks for the link.

:D

They definitely make diagnosing duff fuses much easier.

as an off chance does any one have any idea what amp fuse to use when using "add a fuse" for a dash cam, I am going to use a 10amp as the original and have a hardwire kit however my add a fuse did not come with a fuse, i thought 3-5amp but as the fuse is added before the hardwire kit that steps the voltage down from 12v to 5v i thought it might need a bigger one???

if that makes sense lol

You may find that the charger has a fuse screwed into the end that plugs in.

If so check the rating of that one and match it.

• Like 1

The dash cam will probably draw very little power. In theory if your step down transformer is for arguement sake 90% effecient, putting 1A in at 12v will give you out 2.16A at 5v. (if my maths serves me correctly :lol:)

Also putting 2 fuses inline with each other at the same rating does not provide descrimination between which fuse has blown - nothing wrong with doing it but it does prove to be a pain in the rear sometimes.

• Like 1

lol

Original charger/power for cam is a cig lighter type ...

Input = 12/24v 1amp/max

Output = 5v 1Amp/Max

and the step down ransformer

Input = 12/24 v ??? amps

Output = 5v 1.5amp

I cant open the original charger without smashing it open unfortunately, am mainly looking at adding a piggy back fuse between fusebox and transformer.

Not sure all this is any clearer.

head spinning lol many thanks :)

A 2 or 3 amp fuse is the smallest you will get in mini blade fuses IIRC? I would just go for one of them, 3 amp being more common.

• 8 years later...

I have a 55 plate ford focus ghia what colour and size is the break fuse 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club