Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking Noise In 1St Gear (Fiesta Mk5)

jen1878

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. I have a knocking noise coming from (I think) the drivers side every time I pull away in 1st gear. As soon as I pick up some speed if goes all together. Also if I give a bit more gas as a bring up the clutch it doesn't tend to happen. Biting point on the clutch is pretty high too! Have been told it could be the clutch, the gearbox, the CV gaitor or the wheel bearing. Am pretty stumped to be honest. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I've got this problem with mine at the moment, had a few suggestions aswell, my clutch cable was a little stretched (old van) so the clutch wasn't depressing properly, brought a new one £14 and got told to top up gearbox oil and rule that out.

I've got the van going into the shop at 12 for some diagnostics so can let you know later if you want...?

:))

Saul

Hi Saul,

That would be great if you could let me know.

• Like 1

Will do :) wish me luck haha.

Saul

Not sure my issue will be the same as yours but my bolts holding the engine in place had come loose and two had cross threaded so as the engine had moved and was moving it was making it hard to get it into gear :(

New bolts today and had to pay for labour and it's back to running fine although needs an alarming amount of welding haha :)

Saul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club