Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2002 2.0Tddi 115Bhp, Glow Light Flashing And Cutting Out

dantheman21

Hi guys new to this forum but I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a few query's couple of days ago my car was parked in a space running whist I was in it and it just cut out as if i had turn the key to the off position. Shortly after or before I can't quite remember but when I had started the car up to drive, I heard a hissing sound ( was as if i had burst turbo pipe) and it was very loud and got louder as I revved the car. Anyway i drove the car as normal and the noise had corrected it self as I never heard it again and haven't since. So one of my mates is a mechanic so I got a lend of his snap on verso diagnostics machine to check of any fault codes, and 1 fault code was stored which was P007f something along the lines of turbocharger intercooler temp sensor, would that cause my car to cut out? Today I was heading out to work and the next thing the glow light was flashing and I lost power then it just cut out completely. However it started straight away afterwards. are any of the faults related or not? Also I have read up on forums regarding the issue but nothing is 100% and I don't want to guess what parts it needs and throwing money into the car if I don't need to. Is there any simple things I can try first or test anything? My car has only done 120,000 miles and up to now has caused me no problem, I have only had it since december last year but I really like the car and would like to find the cause of the problem as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

I would be looking for a very minute split in the hoses or the pipes. If the air is escaping as I suspect it is, too much loss could mean the temperature is warmer than the intercooler expects, so I would start first off with this.

Thanks for your reply, I will be taking a look today. so do you think that would be causing it to cut out aswell yeah? thanks

Th cutting out could be the cam sensor these fail when hot, when it cools down it will start and run till hot then fail again

Hey guys thanks for your reply's. I have an update which might shed more light on the situation I hope lol, first thing this morning I took my car and borrowed a snap on solus pro diagnostic computer and check for error codes and I got 3 error codes, U1900 - CAN Communication Bus Fault - Receive Error. Second code was P1665 Injection Pump Control Module Communications. Third code was P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction. Unsure as to why these fault codes didn't show the first time maybe that was because when my car cut out when idling the first 2 times the glow light didn't flash where as the third time which was after the first time I plugged diagnostics machine in the car cut out whilst I was driving that's when the glow light flashed , and the only code that showed the first time was the P007f which was something like turbocharger intercooler temp sensor. However that code didn't show this morning. So I erased all fault codes took the car a good run 3-4miles so that car got up to normal temp and it ran perfect, once I had got back I plugged diagnostic machine in and there was no fault codes stored. I very much doubt that this will be the problem solved but I don't think I will be able to do much more until the car cuts out again to see if it brings back the same fault codes. The only thing I might add is if I hold revs at a steady 1500rpm - 2000rpm it sounds as if there is a misfire as such because the needle on rev counter is moving slightly up and down and you can also hear it in the engine but yet it drives fine and boosts fine when driving up through the gears. Also I may add lol the car took 4-5 attempts last night to start as my fiance took my car down town to nip to shops and she drove down and parked then when she had been in shops literally 5min she came back out and it didn't start so as I say she got it started eventually and drove it home. I didn't get round to stripping engine down today to look for leaks in the boost pipes but what is strange is I can't hear any leaks or anything that would make me think there is a leak. It was only the other day I heard it and it got louder as I revved the engine but now that noise has disappeared, if there was a leak in the boost pipes/hoses I would hear it all the time? I mean when I heard it the first time it was making that noise even when idling and it was loud. Sorry if I have went on a bit here guys just wanted to make sure I have mentioned everything and didn't leave anything out that could of been helpful to you guys. Thanks in advance. :)

possibly a bad wiring moment, I would suggest getting the crankshaft sensor checked over by an auto leccy....

Well after erasing fault codes the car has been fine since, we are now onto day 4 and everything seems to be fine so far. I do 40 miles a day to work and back so surely it should of done something by now. Time will tell I guess just a bit unsure as I don't want to go long distances just in case something happens. lol

keep the code reader with you and wipe them if you do get stranded, it might not help, but you could just get on with getting you home!