Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Retrofit Add Ons & Mods

ukd4v1d

All the wirings in place, they do work with the engine running if I use the 'HID' setting on the config but it throws a dipped bulb failure warning up on the dash

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd re open this thread than start a new one as content is relevant

I want to retro fit to my 2011 Titanium the following

SYNC

XENON headlights with DRL

the sync module seems cheap enough and I understand I'll need the sync head unit as well but any wiring?

I'm still curious about auto levelling to make the lights work as stock, so I require all 4 sensors and the module, will the foCCCus program see the module if all wired in and just a case of enabling it? Or will it have to go into ford (IF they would even entertain it) which they do not like retro fitting

A 2011 MK3 has an audio system which is based on the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. The radio unit, display and wiring are not compatible with the newer systems that are based on the SYNC system. Many parts of the old and newer system look identical but are technically different. In some cases the correct part can only be determined by the part number and/or production date.

Retrofitting the MK3 SYNC 1.0 / 1.1 system will require the following parts:

* SYNC (APIM) module.

* Interior wiring loom for a vehicle with SYNC.

* Radio unit.

* Display (FCDIM).

Next to the parts mentioned above SYNC vehicles do also have a different type of steering wheel with SYNC buttons. This type of steering wheel is different from the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol steering wheel.

A 2011 MK3 has an audio system which is based on the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. The radio unit, display and wiring are not compatible with the newer systems that are based on the SYNC system. Many parts of the old and newer system look identical but are technically different. In some cases the correct part can only be determined by the part number and/or production date.

Retrofitting the MK3 SYNC 1.0 / 1.1 system will require the following parts:

* SYNC (APIM) module.

* Interior wiring loom for a vehicle with SYNC.

* Radio unit.

* Display (FCDIM).

Next to the parts mentioned above SYNC vehicles do also have a different type of steering wheel with SYNC buttons. This type of steering wheel is different from the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol steering wheel.

Thanks this is just the info I have been searching for.

I have a 2011 pre-Sync LW Focus and was thinking of changing the radio and display to the Sony with the color screen.

I have found a donor vehicle with the Sony system. Where there any pre-Sync vehicles with the Sony system? How can I tell if it has Sync? The build date of the donor vehicle is 11/2012. I had a look on etis but whereas for my vehicle is it says 'less Sync' for the donor it doesn't say anything.

Thanks

My 2011 has Sony system without sync

Would you mind PMing me your VIN number so I can check what part numbers I need to look for?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club