Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Michelin Crossclimate - No More Winter Tyres?

jamesm182

Hi guys,

Check out my review of the new Michelin CrossClimate tyres when you get a minute. Michelin claim it's the first summer tyre with full winter certification and it significantly outperforms traditional all season tyres.

Let me know what you think! :)

http://www.fordownersclub.com/news/michelin-crossclimate-review-tyre-youll-ever-need/

post-45890-0-77471300-1425640505_thumb.j

I've read the review and they seem great from what you've said I'll be interested to see what they cost and look in to getting a set.

Thanks Steve, yes I can honestly say I was very impressed with them. Seems like a great idea too. I must confess I'm one of the majority that currently runs summer tyres all year round, but I will be very tempted with these next time as the benefits in winter conditions are staggering. :)

• Like 1

Do I read that right? Less than 69DB of road noise from them? that's the lowest I have seen I think, most are in the 80s.

best they'll cost a lot though, standard pilots are the most expensive as it is. still cheaper than buying both providing they last a full year though.

good work though dude,

Do I read that right? Less than 69DB of road noise from them? that's the lowest I have seen I think, most are in the 80s.

best they'll cost a lot though, standard pilots are the most expensive as it is. still cheaper than buying both providing they last a full year though.

good work though dude,

They're apparently going to cost around 7 or 8 euros (so £5 ish) more per corner than the equivalent summer tyre (i.e. Michelin Energy Saver Plus) so not too bad I guess if you consider it saves you buying/worrying about winter tyres...

• 2 months later...

Hmm.... the review is great!

As my car now needs new tyres I am wondering if I shall switch to these? Apparently it can be had for 75 quid a corner from German company Tyreleader (the size is a bit awkward: 195/55/16).

What you think?

I've been following the various reviews & tests on these tyres, must say I'm impressed & think I'll try a set when my current ones are worn out.

not available in 225 40 18's anywhere :(

Nice review there, I am looking at putting new boots on the motor in a month or two, thinking this might be a sensible step. I do however wonder, what the lifespan of these tyres is estimated at.

When is the official release date?

The release date is b/o May, so you can buy it already.

I have ordered it this morning, estimated delivery is Monday so hopefully Tuesday my car will have new rubber :D

not available in 225 40 18's anywhere :(

They only seem to make R15, R16 and R17 so no R18s. :(

The release date is b/o May, so you can buy it already.

I have ordered it this morning, estimated delivery is Monday so hopefully Tuesday my car will have new rubber :D

Once there fitted any chance you can post some photos & let us know how they handle etc?

Really interested in some impartial reviews as think these may well be my next set of tyres.

Can do but as it is unlikely to for me to drive in snow for the next 5 or 6 months you'll have to wait for a final verdict :)

What's the price? Looked around earlier couldn't find any suppliers on the Web

Can do but as it is unlikely to for me to drive in snow for the next 5 or 6 months you'll have to wait for a final verdict :)

I've seen some of the videos/reviews online showing there ability in the snow (which looks good) but there isn't much on general day to day/wet road driving info.

What's the price? Looked around earlier couldn't find any suppliers on the Web

Look on the tyreleader website

I've seen it in Oponeo, Tyreleader and Blackcircles. Event Tyres also mentioned they are going to sell it but so far I couldn't find it on their website.

I guess not many sellers offer the tyre simply because it is too new. :)

• Like 1

Look on the tyreleader website

Just had a look on ATS and there selling them for £125 each.

This means you should be able to get them for about £10 less elsewhere as they always seem to hike up there prices.

There's some on protyre.co.uk for £117

215/55/R16

Hopefully you get a discount replacing 4 tyres. I need to get all my belts and chains replaced in the next month and then later this year it will need new boots, would rather not pay that much for them though lol

I've thought about getting pair of these for the front & an alternative (less expensive) pair fir the rear.

Surely this would be ok as I'd have same brand/pattern/tread depth on one axle?

And I should get some extra benefit/grip in snow with these on driving wheels?

I've thought about getting pair of these for the front & an alternative (less expensive) pair fir the rear.

Surely this would be ok as I'd have same brand/pattern/tread depth on one axle?

And I should get some extra benefit/grip in snow with these on driving wheels?

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I've only just put new tyres on the rear, so wouldn't want to replace all 4.

No that's not a good idea. You'll probably lose the rear end in wet/snow if you put cheaper tyres on the back. Search youtube for vids on using just 2 snow tyres for example.

It's not illegal, and you're welcome to do it, but you won't feel the benefit without all 4 being the crossclimates.

No that's not a good idea. You'll probably lose the rear end in wet/snow if you put cheaper tyres on the back. Search youtube for vids on using just 2 snow tyres for example.

It's not illegal, and you're welcome to do it, but you won't feel the benefit without all 4 being the crossclimates.

Good point, and just looked at some videos on youtube. Might think about these tyres closer to winter again, and swap all 4.

Yeah fair point, suppose I'll have to see what the £££'s like nearer replacment time.

I've had a look at some of the "Professional" videos of 2 vs 4 winter tyres & must say the drivingdoes not really represent how the average person with common sense would drive in heavy snow/ice conditions.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club