Do Not Sell My Personal Information

oil light question

fiestaowner2009

Hi Fiesta people :D

Just a quick few questions about oil i bought my car about 5 months ago second hand 04 fiesta finesse 1.3, Today i notaced that when i brake my oil light comes on then goes back off like the oil is moving to the front with the G-force and a censor is at the back if u get what i mean?

I dont really know very much about it but i always thought oil never ran low it just needs a change every so often but id expect that the oil light would stay on if that was the case.

Anyone clear up whats going on here for me?

Maybe the most obvious thing would be topping up on oil?

Thanks

Paul

EDIT:

Thought id leave the above here incase it helps anyone else as i think the oil light only showing when braking was abit fucky maybe thats just when its running low.

Topped up on ford 5w-30 oil light stopped showing :D

Anyone know how oil works i still always thought oil never ran low it just needed changed every now and again does it mix with the fuel or something and is consumed over time?

Thanks

Paul

It will run low if you have a leak ............................. put some paper under the engine with bricks on it to stop it blowing away and see if any drops appear ......................... more likely after a run and things cool down etc (it was on my old car anyway)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club