Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woody141288

Front Passenger Side Wheel Problem

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys. I have a 2001 y reg focus. I have Something loose on the passenger side wheel i have no idea what it is but everytime i go over bumps or a ruff bit of road etc theres clonking noises, on a smooth road its fine. The steering seems fine.Any people had the same problem. thanks

sorry forgot to mention, i may be totally wrong but would this be the link bar (anti roll) by any chance. thanks

Sounds like it could be yeah. Also worth checking the balljoint where the lower arm meets the hub assembly as these are prone to going and begin to creak/knock on bumpy surfaces when they do.

Cheers Tim. Is There Any Other Suggestions. As iv Had It Looked at and they reckon it a bracket loose or something.??cheers

Cheers Tim. Is There Any Other Suggestions. As iv Had It Looked at and they reckon it a bracket loose or something.??cheers

ive currently got the same problem, invest ongoing at the moment, i'll update my findings!

cheers clarkost170. i still have not found out what the noise is, if i go into somewhere like a car park it makes the noise bad but on a normal road it will happen over a bump or dip in the road, have you found out yet? thanks