Do Not Sell My Personal Information

* Ford "factory Fitted" Satnav Systems, User Manual

BHeart

Hi, Just wondering if there is a more detailed "user manual" for the factory fitted satnav system.

The Driver User Manual gives some info near the back of the manual but it's not really that good and I'm sure that, about a week ago, there was a discussion in these forums which was related to a "user manual" for the satnav system but having checked back through the threads, I've been unable to find it?

Manual ......... Man up who reads the manual anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It's a fairly simple to use system, best way to learn is just mess about with the settings.

• Like 1

I don't normally but, the Ford navigation system is new to me and, I suspect most other members in this forum, who would care to admit it and so, I would to like to read any info that I can get on the Ford SatNav system.

I've had 4 or 5 TomTom's over the years and I've never read any of the manuals because using a tomtom is self explanatory because they are all the same but, this is a Ford SatNav system and it would helpful to have some sort of guide explaining what features the satnav has and also info on what the icons that I can see on the display are.

So, getting back to my original query, does any member know where I can find the original thread that a few members were recently discussing the Ford SatNav user manual?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks for your input Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If the sat nav you have isn't covered in the main manual then a separate extra booklet should have been supplied.... I know my Galaxy touchscreen one is a separate booklet... That book is NOT available online (that I can find)...

If there's nothing in the supplied stuff that you have been given go back to the stealer for a copy! (I know others have had to do this from reading various forums).

Manual ......... Man up who reads the manual anyway?

Lol I'm the same, I just kept fiddling with it until I figured it out. This system could really use a manual though and I don't know if there is one.

It seems like Ford were actually trying to make it harder to use than it needs to be. I mean at one point I though it was impossible to enter a street address, but you can if you enter a street name. But if you enter a postcode you can't enter a house number, where's the logic in that? And good look if you want to view your destination - this usually takes a few minutes of moving and zooming the map. It's a decent system once you get used to it though.

If you have any specific questions about it I'll help if I can.

I've just ordered an ST 3, and will be using the navigation on a regular basis.

Is the screen any bigger than the standard screen in the Zetec S?

Is anybody able to take some pictures of the navigation system working?

I've just ordered an ST 3, and will be using the navigation on a regular basis.

Is the screen any bigger than the standard screen in the Zetec S?

Is anybody able to take some pictures of the navigation system working?

Yes the screen is bigger and the plastic trim surrounding it is bigger too.

Oh good. and it's colour isn't it?

Oh good. and it's colour isn't it?

Yeah it's a proper LCD colour screen, I don't think a satnav would be any good without colour lol. It's not the sharpest screen but it does the job.

Yeah probably not lol. Ok thanks :)

I would love to see some pictures, I can't really find much on Google (I think the yanks have a touchscreen for navigation, judging from Google images?). Getting it in my new one in May :) Was hoping to sell my current Nuvi to pay for a small amount of the deposit :p

• 1 year later...

Agreed, ive got a new titanium with sat nav on the way and I cant get any pics of what its going to look like

Strangely, the Ford satnav is tomtom., but for some strange reason its been messed around with. Works OK once you get used to it, the warning tone for speed cameras, road obsructions could do with being louder.

48 minutes ago, Holox said:

Agreed, ive got a new titanium with sat nav on the way and I cant get any pics of what its going to look like

My old car. Don't forget to adjust settings as there's the ultra handy speed limit zones in there and the equally handy speed camera locations 

Screenshot_20160823-143325.png

2 hours ago, karl46 said:

Strangely, the Ford satnav is TomTom., but for some strange reason its been messed around with. Works OK once you get used to it, the warning tone for speed cameras, road obsructions could do with being louder.

Only the maps are provided by tomtom. It is Ford's UI.

• 4 years later...

the GPS signal on my built in sat nav in my 4 year old fiesta has vanished, sat nav wants to work but cant get a signal, it keeps telling me to drive on to a digitised road, (even if i am on a motorway) any suggestions would be most helpfull

3 hours ago, wghelm said:

the GPS signal on my built in sat nav in my 4 year old fiesta has vanished, sat nav wants to work but cant get a signal, it keeps telling me to drive on to a digitised road, (even if i am on a motorway) any suggestions would be most helpfull

GPS Antenna has become disconnected from the head unit?

As 2017 is the changeover year, do you have a Mk 7.5 or Mk8 Fiesta?

If it is an early Mk8, if it has similar to a no entry symbol on the satnav screen, the wife had the same.....

Unfixable at the time, not for the lack of trying either. Was and still is a known issue. This was from day one of having it brand new.

Huge topic on this site about it, will cut a long story short if you do a few searches to find it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

. Was and still is a known issue.

Bizarrely mine hasn't done it for ages now!😀

3 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Bizarrely mine hasn't done it for ages now!😀

Can only go by what the dealer told us. And they sold the car on, 2nd hand at the going rate book price...😲

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Can only go by what the dealer told us. And they sold the car on, 2nd hand at the going rate book price...😲

Yes, my dealer said there was some talk of an imminent "fix" for this issue but things went quiet on that a long time ago. I certainly won't be mentioning it come trade-in time!😀

• 8 months later...

How do I input an address rather than a postcode, I've got a 66 plate fiesta titanium and I can't find how to do it but I read from others that it is possible.

I have an ST3 and to be honest the Sat Nav is neither good nor bad. Car is for sale shortly and I'm going to use my Transit Custom for a daily. That has Apple Carplay so no issues at all with the Sat Nav on that! Drives lovely and more economical than my Fiesta, but far less fun. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club