Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help

Karl121

I have Ford Fiesta zetec 1.4 mk6 mot due this week and my speedo not working and my miles have gone

Can anyone help ?

What year is it ? I think I have the same problem

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Okay mine is a 52 plate, I've looked around and it's a fault with instrument cluster that causes this problem, there's a few ways to fix it the first is to remove it strip it down so you can see the circuit board and spray with WD40 this works for some people the next send it off to company that will reprogram it so the fault is remove cost about 100£ the next take it to a ford dealership and have them fit a new circuit board between 300-500£ I've got the same problem with mine and I'm going to get it repaired, I'm not sure if you can go to scrap yard and take one of another fiesta the same age model ect and just swap them over and it would work without being reprogrammed I don't know maybe someone does ?

Good luck with it tho I hope it doesn't cost you a fortune and keep me posted how you go on with it

Jake

Well it was all good but then my miles just come up with dashes ----- like that and then I saw that speedo was moving but Rev bit work with everything else

Well it was all good but then my miles just come up with dashes ----- like that and then I saw that speedo was moving but Rev bit work with everything else

post-63617-142584371189_thumb.jpg

Mine is the other way round speedo works fine but revs are zeroed out have you ran the ecu test trick

I'm your picture you got them two buttons the one on right that resets how many miles you've done in your last trip hold it down and turn the engine on and keep it held down you will get a message saying test release this and then go through each test by pressing the same once the first tests the gages ( speedo and rev counter and also petrol and temp and odometer) keep going through it test your battery and all electrical components at the end you will get some codes these are error codes if you write them down and google them it will tell you what is not performing as it should be

Jake

What if I just plug a tester in wont that do it

I'm not sure as there are no abs sensor on the wheels but in the dash there abs light

You wont see the sensor rings, does abs light come on ok when ign on and go out after starting, what your describing sounds like comunication error with abs module, abs sends signal to cluster , if cluster doesnt get it speedo and milage stops working inc display shows -----miles

Yeah all light go out when engine on

Iv just put a new speed sensor in the gear box it was working till I put my foot down then it came back to life so I thing it's fix for now

Good news I might try this with mine and see if it does the trick

Good news I might try this with mine and see if it does the trick

they are a bit of a bugger to get out btw

The pin is right b£stard from what I've seen has this fixed your problem completely, my revs counted busted so It might not help me

Just found out you can swap the instrument cluster with another one and you shouldn't have any issues with the central locking and anything else. Going up to my local scrap yard at the weekend to get one out of a fiesta the same age and model, if this works I'll let you know seem to easy tho to me

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club