team heko or climair ?

cheers

I would go for team heko

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

+ 1

Climair will scratch the tops of your windows, so another vote for Heko

• Like 1

Climair will scratch the tops of your windows, so another vote for Heko

If that's the case you may have just changed my mind. I was pretty much sold on the Climairs because they are endorsed by Ford and don't need any clips to hold them in place, but if they scratch the windows none of that matters. Is there any proof of this anywhere on the internets?

You don't need clips on the heko ones a such. The design is the same as climair. The clips create a gap in the window lining so the deflector doesn't rub against the window. I'm sure a few searches would back me up on this as I have learnt through experience. Windows were scratched really badly with climairs on my old car. I now have Hekos that have been fitted for over a year and there's no marks at all. Heko are also significantly cheaper

• Like 1

You don't need clips on the heko ones a such. The design is the same as climair. The clips create a gap in the window lining so the deflector doesn't rub against the window. I'm sure a few searches would back me up on this as I have learnt through experience. Windows were scratched really badly with climairs on my old car. I now have Hekos that have been fitted for over a year and there's no marks at all. Heko are also significantly cheaper

You're right, googled it and found a few examples of Climairs causing scratches. Now I'm undecided lol. Are the Hekos easy to fit, and do the clips or deflectors stick on with glue or something?

i have a set of Team Heko which i bought but decided i didn't like to look on my car, one has been taken out of the pack to try but never used and the other is still sealed. Cost me £27.98 but if anyone wants them they can have them for £15 but will have to be close to Medway Kent to collect as too much hassle wrap up and to post.

You're right, googled it and found a few examples of Climairs causing scratches. Now I'm undecided lol. Are the Hekos easy to fit, and do the clips or deflectors stick on with glue or something?

They're super easy. You don't really need clips for them to fit. But I've used them anyway. They just slot up in the window channel, I used a credit card to push them up

Watch that ^

• Like 1

How much have you found a set for?

EDIT; scrap that, mimes a 5 door! Lol

Oh my bad! There's 5 door ones there as well. I'll link you now

They're super easy. You don't really need clips for them to fit. But I've used them anyway. They just slot up in the window channel, I used a credit card to push them up

Watch that ^

Good video, I didn't realise they have some adhesive parts to hold them in place, but I suppose they help to keep them secure. Do you know what he was using to clean the edges of the window, is that something that the instructions tell you to do?

I didn't actually clean my window channels but by the looks of it, it's just a tissue. A wet microfibre would do the job anyway. They do sit very securely. I drive at motorway speeds an awful lot and there's no movement at all

To also add the Heko ones mould around the shape of the wing mirror, the climair do not and bow further away from the window.

Climair:

img5513c1_zpsc0cae85c.jpg

img5512r_zps2d9efcfe.jpg

DSC_0215_zpsbad2045d.jpg

Heko (No Fiesta pics though sorry):

1_zpsrfulvtps.jpg

6_zpspqyefd0f.jpg

3_zpslh56ngct.jpg

1_zpsssoczfwk.jpg

Team Heko for me, just fitted mine this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Yeah that special shape for the wing mirror makes them look better too. I'm leaning more towards the Hekos now. Do they come in clear and tinted?

Team Heko for me, just fitted mine this weekend.

Your picture looks very familiar, ah this is why :)

IMG 20141129 114437133

Just come tinted, looks well with the black privacy glass of the rear windows.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

http://www.4x4at.com/ford-fiesta-08-on-3dr-window-door-visors-front-pair

I've used these for the last 7 years, stuck on with 3M tape. No scratches, no falling out of the seal and doesn't mess up the window seals.

Never had any trouble with them at all.

had climair fitted previous car good quality but price wise could not justify it went for heko so will let you know when fitted

paul

• Like 1

had climair fitted previous car good quality but price wise could not justify it went for heko so will let you know when fitted

paul

Cool, it would be good to know your opinion when you've had both Heko and Climair. I'm still undecided, done some searching and there seem to be problems with both. From what I've read the Climairs are much easier to fit, have better build quality but can cause scratches to the glass, while Hekos apparently don't cause scratches but have all sorts of issues with fitting, windows not going up and coming loose. Of course this could just be people not fitting them correctly.

I don't see how the Climairs are more likely to cause scratches though, when both fit into the window channel and the window will rub against them both. Maybe it's just that the Climairs are made from a harder material.

It's the clips that separate the window from the deflector. The window will sit inside the clips as a pose next to the deflector if that makes sense?