Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Wind Deflectors For Mk7

josh.smith94

32 members have voted

1. 1. best wind delfectors

• Team heko
    • Climair

I've had Climairs on two Fiestas now and they have scratched the top of the window glass on both.

My Hekos arrived yesterday, going to fit them after work today :)

I just have one question, where is the best place to attach the clips? I only have 2 clips per window, and was thinking one should go a couple inches from the rear edge, and the other about half way up the curve of the window. Does that sound sensible?

Yes Phil, about there - credit card or wide bladed wallpaper scraper helps with inserting the clips :)

• Like 1

Thanks mark, and I read something on another forum that said the clips have some kind of barbs on them which should face the inside of the car, is that right?

The instructions are so foolproof even my staff managed to install them ! :)

The instructions are so foolproof even my staff managed to install them ! :)

Staff? Haha

Fit the clips with the smooth side against the deflector,the barb then grips in to the window rubber.

I found a small off cut of 5mm thick plywood was good for pushing the clips in.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Fit the clips with the smooth side against the deflector,the barb then grips in to the window rubber.

I found a small off cut of 5mm thick plywood was good for pushing the clips in.

That clears that up thanks :). I think I'll use an old credit card to push the clips in and then a screwdriver to get them really secure. How long did you guys leave your windows up after fitting, I'm thinking a couple of days to let the rubber mould into shape.

10 minutes

• Like 1

10 minutes

Yeah you're probably right, and the windows won't be down all the time anyway so the rubber will have plenty of time to mould.

I've had Heko's on 4 different Ford models over 5 years - never a problem

Mine certainly seem to have 'bedded in' from when they were first fitted. The car is stood overnight with the windows closed so the rubber has plenty of time to mould in to shape.

Windows are more up than down in the U.K. :)

Windows are more up than down in the U.K. :)

True, but not so much in the summer. It makes me wonder though, if I start driving around with the windows down, how much more pollution will I be exposed to? :wacko:

Not enough to kill you anytime soon Phil ! :rolleyes:

Not enough to kill you anytime soon Phil ! :rolleyes:

Yeah that's true, at least I don't live in London lol, there's much more pollution there. The pollution can still get in through the air vents anyway, but it's probably still better to close the windows in heavy traffic.

they arrived from Poland on Monday did not get time to fit due to Paddy's Day my head is still buzzing :D

paul

I fitted the Hekos earlier today :). Here are some pics:

post-39031-0-75912400-1426707276_thumb.j

post-39031-0-80976800-1426707285_thumb.j

post-39031-0-34488200-1426707289_thumb.j

I'm happy with how they look, and they match the privacy glass quite nicely.

They were pretty easy to fit although there were a couple of complications, probably due to my clumsiness with this sort of thing. The deflectors slotted in very easily but the first problem came when I noticed the bottom edge near the wing mirror had caught a bit of the rubber trim under it. So I tried to fix this and ended up ripping the front of the deflector away from the window lol, didn't damage anything (I think) but who knows if the glue will hold after I reattached it. For anyone else fitting these, make sure you don't catch any rubber under the bottom edge, here's a pic to show how I think it's meant to be:

post-39031-0-84805700-1426707287_thumb.j

Also the clips were a bit fiddly to push in. I used the screwdriver part of my penknife and it took a surprising amount of effort to push them up. Then when raising the windows they automatically went back down. This happened a few times on both windows but after a few attempts they closed quite happily.

I think the windows don't close quite as far up as before, did you guys notice that too? I assume that's because of the clips.

• Like 3

Look very smart .same colour as my car as well .

drivers side was easy enough no problems with window passenger side gave me problems glass so slow to raise and would not close went back down few times give up

tried later and managed to get it sorted

paul

Looks good, glad you like the colour match with the privacy glass.

I had similar problems fitting mine, on the first one the window rubber got twisted and I had to prise it out with a screwdriver, then the window bounced back on the anti-trap mechanism first time I tried to close it. The second one went in a bit easier after I had got the knack from fitting the first.

My windows also don't go up as far as they did before but in the couple of weeks since I fitted them they have 'bedded in' and do seem to close a little bit more than they did.

I've finally got round to phoning the insurance (Hastings) to notify them of this mod and a few others not already mentioned! The Heko's and most of the other mods were ok apart from my xenon headlight bulbs which unfortunately attract extra loading on my premium!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

tell insurance about fitting deflectors hardly a mod that is going to affect car's performance

paul

They may increase the vehicle's desirability though & make the car more appealing to thieving scum.

They don't add anything to ur insurance at all.......... I spoke to insurance of last car and this car

• Like 1

The wording on my policy states anything other than manufacturers standard equipment must be disclosed. The Heko's didn't add any extra to my policy it was only my xenon headlight bulbs that cost me extra.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club