Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was Going To Get New One

bootsy

I have a Zetec 1.5 Econetic td in Ford Panther met black, its two years old now so I thought get a new one and get a Titanium or Titanium x, then find out you cat get any of those with out having that awful privacy glass at the back, really bad idea that is at least let the customer choose if they want it or not, so I thought its not ideal or what I really wanted but get a Zetec no privacy glass, when I go to choose colour there is no metallic paint option showing up. Whats going on!

Where are you looking at this? You can get the car without privacy glass I'm sure and defo metallic paint

On the Ford web site it only comes up with Panther Black, if you go to the Focus it comes up with Panther Black Metallic, the privacy glass that's the website also speaking to Hendy Ford salesman, his answer to it is well every one loves it well I don't, on the website if you go to Fiesta configure your car you will see for the Titanium and Titanium x privacy glass is standard, go to any other models and its a extra.

Are you picking the 140ps engine?

Someone was on ford facebook complaining that they can't order the car in frozen white, turns out they were picking the engine that only comes with the red or black edition. Lol.

• Like 1

No just choosing 1.6 td 95 ps engine, it only does it with the two top models and under high lights it list`s privacy glass and you cant remove it, just went on there and tried different engines ect but you all ways have the privacy glass, with the colour it says red is standard and Panther black is extra but it does not say its metallic unlike the Focus that states its metallic paint, I am thinking if you cant choose what you want or don't want on the top two models re the privacy glass maybe I will have to look at other makes (you may be able to tell I really hate that privacy glass), the salesman even said well you could get it and get a company to take it off as it comes off easy, I said if I don't want it have the option of not putting it on.

Must be a configurator error.

And salesman is wrong, (unless Ford do it differently, but I doubt it) factory privacy glass is darkened glass and cannot be removed. Where as privacy film can be removed, (this is an aftermarket alternative to factory glass)

• Like 2

Must be a configurator error.

And salesman is wrong, (unless Ford do it differently, but I doubt it) factory privacy glass is darkened glass and cannot be removed. Where as privacy film can be removed, (this is an aftermarket alternative to factory glass)

That's what I thought, it's not something that can be removed from the glass afterwards. It is annoying that you can't customise the options on the car a bit more. They are all made on the same production line so how hard would it be for ford to allow customers to request small changes, like standard glass or different grills that people add on themselves anyway...

• Like 1

That's what I thought, it's not something that can be removed from the glass afterwards. It is annoying that you can't customise the options on the car a bit more. They are all made on the same production line so how hard would it be for ford to allow customers to request small changes, like standard glass or different grills that people add on themselves anyway...

They don't do that because if they allowed every model to choose the grill their zetec s would no longer be unique

• Like 1

I don't get the issue tbh, unless you're keen dogger the privacy glass actually looks great, also good for not being spotted rolling up and talking on the phone by the police from behind.

• Like 2

I don't get the issue tbh, unless you're keen dogger the privacy glass actually looks great, also good for not being spotted rolling up and talking on the phone by the police from behind.

Of course no-one is stupid enough to actually be using a phone while driving to need privacy glass for that reason.

Does sound like a configuration error, a Zetec is available with most of the metallic colours.

• Like 1

There's too many stupid drivers out there from what I see on a daily basis . .

honestly i like the glass on my titanium its great its not dark enough that you can see out of it if that is ur concern just looks like normal glass from inside

Fiestas without the glass ma brother calls them eye liners (because of the look of the window is like a womans eyeliner withouth the "privacy glass" )

To me it just looks like a unfinished car, if it was all round no problem but I know they cant do that because of law to do with seeing out of it but then again what about when you are reversing, I think privacy glass should be a option not you are forced to have it, may be its my age or some thing but if I could only get a Ford with privacy glass I would not buy a Ford.

You can still see out of a car with privacy glass.. They just can't see in (So it is fine when reversing..)

• Like 1

You can still see out of a car with privacy glass.. They just can't see in (So it is fine when reversing..)

That's true, they are like some sunglasses in that they let more light through in one direction that the other. There is a slight difference in visibility from inside the car but you normally won't notice it.

I can see what you mean though Ian, from the side the privacy glass does look a bit funny when it's only half way along the car. I've got used to it though and prefer it, especially from the back it makes the car look better in my eyes. To each his own though.

And I think the reason privacy glass can only be used on the rear of the car is just as much about the driver being visible from the outside as it is about him/her being able to see out. The police need to be able to see what we're up to in our cars :P

I thought the privacy glass was going to be rubbish when I first got a Titanium in 2008 and wanted it removing from the spec, but the dealer couldn't do it. However I love it now, no problems with seeing out and it means it's that little more difficult for people to look in and see whatever I've got in the back. So when I got my new car if the privacy glass hadn't been standard I would have paid to have it.

Just don't like it, to me they just did half the car and forgot the rest, found out the colour is metallic so am going to get a new Zetec Econetic with the 1.6 95 ps tdci engine (mine is 1.5) and a good few extra`s, not ideal but it will do, just had ours serviced and they loaned me a 1.25 Zetec, cost me £15 in petrol for the trip home and back, and on the way back to pick ours up the warning sounded for low fuel and the orange light came on, the display on the car said it was doing 38 miles to the gallon, on our car (71.6) did not even see the fuel gauge move and with the petrol one thought I was going to have to get out and push it up the hills lol.

Don't think there was a 1.5L Diesel engine until recently? Why not get the all new 1.5 diesel?

I personally think privacy glass looks great, especially on bigger cars.

post-53371-0-10671700-1426096501_thumb.j

Our car is two years old and a 1.5 litre, after reading up on the engines I found you get just a bit better mpg with the 1.6 litre and a bit more power, think ours is 75 ps and the 1.6 95 ps.

Oh I see, what's your annual mileage? The Ecoboost might turn out to be a better option...

No I would not like a Ecoboost, have driven one but not for me, I don't really do enough miles to warrant a tdci but I would not have any thing else, I do about 12k a year but have found the fuel economy on the tdci very good.

I'm not sure if they've improved from the Mk 7 days, but my boss had one as a courtesy car when he smashed up his Aston Martin, and the diesel was !Removed! noisy in comparison to the petrol!

I used to have a 1.6TDCi from 2008 I wouldn't say they were noisy. Perhaps when idling at a standstill when outside the car but when driving you didn't really notice.

I don't think they do 1.6 diesel any more unless it's a Zetec S. So I had a choice of a 1.5TDCi which was a good 20PS less or the ecoboost for the same price with 5PS more.

I would say that they are a bit louder than the petrol but not a huge amount, we had a tdci before our current one and that sounded like a petrol with the big ends and cam going lol, the new ones are very good, when we picked ours up new I thought they had not put tdci in it because it was so quite, it did get a bit louder after 2000 miles though. Don't get me wrong I think that the Ecoboost engines are the future, small engine turbo ect good performance from a very small engine, not sure how they will last maybe compared to a larger engine but time will tell.

I got 127,000 from my TDCi and I traded it in because there were various suspension etc problems. The engine was still sweet.