Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Friday,13 Came Early For Me - Had An Accident Today

TheRookie

Well... it i Thursday,12 and looks like I might lose my Focus :(

My MOT expires this week and the car was due to 37.5K service, so I made an arrangement with TC Harrison Ford to bring the car to them and do all what's needed. It is also the last week of car's warranty.

On my way to the garage, on roundabout where A43 crosses with A6 I was in the middle lane and was going straight out of the roundabout (the leftmost and middle lanes go straight to A43, the rightmost goes to A6). The chap in white van was in leftmost lane behind me then suddenly decided to change his mind and go to A6 instead. There was a mighty bang as his van went straight into my Focus' rear passengers' side wheelarch.

We then both stopped and exchanged details (oddly he didn't give me his name so I had to retrieve it through his company; my insurance confirmed that all information supplied is valid). Then we both drove off.

The car seem to be driveable but there is a noise coming out of rear passenger's wheel if I go above 50 mph.Visually, there is a large dent (no sharp edges) on a rear wing, right where the roof mechanism is. The bumper came off slightly and also has some dents, The wheel itself is scratched but not split or damaged in any other visible way.

Had a chat with insurer and they say that if they find there is a damage to roof or vehicle underbody (this is CC so the underbody is reinforced) then they will have no choice but to write it off. :( Tomorrow they will pick it up and make a decision. I just hope they'll decide to repair it...

Here's how the car looked shortly after I bought it:

ffcc.jpg

I really like it :(

Bummer I hope your ok from this

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is repairable

I am fine (physically, not emotionally).

Had a call from those freaking whiplash chasers already and told them to stick their offers right where sun doesn't shine,

I hope very much that the damage is repairable as I really like the car. :(

• Like 2

It's hard to tell without a picture of the damage, but hopefully its mostly superficial damage, and not structural.

Good luck with the repairs, even if you lose the car, at least you walked away unharmed, that is the most important thing.

• Like 1

Here's the damage.

I know that after all the car is just a lump of metal, yet...

post-52835-0-24236200-1426194059_thumb.j

That is a beautiful car, I'd be fuming. I hope it hasn't broken owt behind the scenes, if it is bodywork only I would guess it is repairable.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

how did they get your number to phone you

• Like 1

TBH, I don't know and didn't ask. But with amount of third parties suddenly dealing with the claim I won't be surprised if someone leaked the information to these scammers.

Right now the claim is managed by:

1. Insurer

2. Claims mananegement company

3. Garage

4. Hire car management company

5. Legal assistance

6. Local surgery/GP

7. Vehicle transporter lorry company

thats normal happened to me my phone went red hot !!! with people calling

Technically speaking with the new rules on cold calling your insurers should be reported and fined, I take it they asked you if you were injured you said no, but they've ticked yes somewhere and sold your details for £10 to a 3rd party without your consent?

Oh Christ, sorry to hear it mate but I think you should be alright.

My cmax by right should have been written off, but, because the third party did the damage Admiral just paid out the costs and claimed them back. They paid out 2400 for repairs alone and about 600 for the hire car yet the car was only worth about 2k

MattDRX

The thing is that I can't prove the source of data leak. It could be from anyone in the chain (with or without their company's consent).

I told them to go away and so far they didn't get back.

The insurer did ask me whether I think I am injured and when I said "no" they asked me to go to my GP and do a medical check. The check was fine although doctor kept asking questions like "are you sure your neck is not stiff?" Well, yes, I am sure and not going to make any bogus claim just to get some easy cash!

jeebowhite

It would be great if they could fix it. :)

They just collected the car and told me that it'll take them a week to create a report so I shall expect to hear from them next Friday. I don't understand why it should take so long to write report and press a couple of buttons on a calculator...

• Like 2

hi mate i hope you are ok

if anyone has a bump and they have a smart phone then check the other party is insured by typing their reg into askmid.com

if theyaint then call the cops pronto.

injury claims companies get details from insurance companies (my wife used to work for one for 4 years until recently) so thats why you got called or maybe someone at the insurance company is getting a nice 'bonus' by giving out numbers of anyone who has had a bump.

most people will take the offer as its approx a minimum of £1k payout and just see £££ signs. anything major and it goes up and up!

Normally they have to assess it independently, so the third party assesses and takes it away to type up the report. Ordinarily they post a copy of the report to your insurers so it's black and white with letterhead. Then your insurers review that, allocate a value and report that to the decisions team who work out the likely value, anything up to 75percent value is not ordinarily written off but anything beyond that is possible.

As I say, I told my insurers it's already been written off once and it's had another crash. I kept asking if they were sure they wanted to repair it, even stated I would be more than happy to buy a new car and I wasn't overly trusting of a car that's had this crash. They said it's fine, it's not high enough over the cars value to be unreasonable to repair and at the end of the day it's not my fault and they don't care as they aren't paying the bill! (their words!) so if your insurer works in the same mindset (and I really hope they do) then you should be OK. Even if they need to cut and weld the panel going to the roof, it can be done but it increases the cost. If you love the car as much as I believe you do, you could even buy it back from the insurer and get it repaired yourself, have someone cut and weld panels and finish it off, and whilst it might not be truly as it was, you will still get your motor back and most likely wouldn't be able to tell.

Though it always hurts knowing deep in your mind it's not the same you can learn to love it with its disabilities (my car has one too lol) As my Mondeo suffered recently, they had to cut and weld part of the inside rear wing to sort it out. I wouldn't notice looking at it, but it's perfect cosmetically (well, at least it is on that panel lol)

Say, unfortunately that's not always the case, whilst I agree if it comes back unclear definitely get the cops there. However the car that hit Mr last year had a valid policy, however, either the policy was void for another reason, or, the driver wasn't who he said he was.... I. E. It looks like a friend drove the car without insurance.

The insurers are still liable, it right now I have to take the insurers and the named party to court for settlement.

salsheikh

I've heard of askmid but never thought of using it at the time of accident. This is an excellent advise and should be printed in "what to do if you had an accident" giude!

Thank you!

It seems that the insurance details of TP seem to be correct and valid (that's what my insurer said) so at least there is no issues with it :)
As to "bonus" I agree - don't think that insurer will deliberately violate law on this; more likely that some of the employees has a part-time job as a data miner.

jeebowhite

Ah, that explains the wait. Sorry, I wasn't quite aware of the process as I only had to deal with insurers twice in my life.

The first time was when Mrs hit deer that jumped out of bushes and turned it into venison. That was classed as a single vehicle accident and the car was back on road within a week, The second accident was more complicated and more akin to TV drama rather than real life story. My Lada was stationary on red light and so was car behind me. The lorry that approached the junction decided not to stop though, thus hitting car behind me and catapulting it into my poor Lada. The force was such that both front seats broke in half! Anway, there were injured in the other car and someone called police. They came and requested everyone to present their driving licences. For some reason they kept lorry driver's licence and then told him to collect it from police office next day. A week later I had a call from police asking if I knew lorry driver's whereabouts or whether I was contacted by him or his representatives, As it turned out, his driving licence and insurance certificate were fakes (for lorry, no less!) and police were searching for him.

Anyway, insurer wrote the Lada off (I actually got more than I paid for it :)) within a couple of days and that was it. As my car was hit by the other car, they recovered monies from their insurer, so my NCB wasn't affected.

Had a call from body shop ("approved repairer") today - they've said that the repair is go! :) They have ordered parts and will let me know when the car is ready for collection,

The bill is dangerously close to write off (within a couple of hundreds) though so I hope they won't uncover anything which will push it over the limit.

Most often it will be fine... Its only big bends and buckle that break the bank like that.

Even when I had to have the rear crossbar replaced they kept some fees down to make sure they didn't lose the job...

They said that suspension was bent but they'll sort it. Fingers crossed I'll be reunited with my CC soon :)

Fingers crossed matey :-)

Had a call today from my insurer - they said that the other party is blaming me for the accident. They claim that I suddently changed lane on roundabout and hit their right bumber with my wheel arch.

The insurer is now requesting detailed explanation on what happened, with scheme of the roundabout, etc,

Either way they said that the best outcome will be split responsibility and I'll have a stain on my insurance log :(

Hate the !Removed!! Not just that he hit my car but also got temerity to lie!

This is why I cannot sing the praises of dashcam enough :-( but if your explanation is strong and detailed enough it will back up your claim. Remember details such as clothes people in the area anything at all and go back to the roundabout and check for any CCTV to backup your case

I took picture of damage to both vehicles. I also took picture of roundabout with cars following the same path. Hopefully they'll accept it but now I am not so sure :(

Unfortunately Not, the only real way to prove is with photo or video evidence of the collision location with the vehicles stopped. But if you can find CCTV on the area then it would help

Hi Rod

i hope it works out in your favour. buggers.

another reason to call the cops and have a dashcam set up...reminds me to install mine. only bought it about 8 months ago :-(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club