Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Friday,13 Came Early For Me - Had An Accident Today

TheRookie

The car has been delivered back to me, they also did MOT (passed without any issues).

However, the door on passenger's side is not closing as smoothly as the one on the other side. I really need to push it hard to close, so it looks like there is some misalignment.

The garage said they'll send a mechanic today to look at the problem.

Meanwhile... my insurance for the car is up by 150 quid, my wife's car insurance is up by 50 quid, I had to pay 200 quid excess.... all because of the !Removed! moron who couldn't stay in his lane!

It's frustrating to say the least!

• Like 1

The mechanic just left. Not sure if the door is now in the same condition as it used to be before the accident but it is definitely much better now.

To add to all this, some of the family members are now telling me that I shall sell the car ASAP as it is now:

1) damaged and can be unpredictable on the road

2) brings bad luck :(

Not going to sell it though!

Damaged yes, unpredictable, well in a way yes, but at the same time that is entirely due to the repair quality.

Bad luck, not sure. The only car I had after a crash was when u wrote off a rover 600 in the focus but I think it had a few bad moments but no more than any other car I have owned since...

Hi Rod I am sorry that the Idiot decided to blame you... about 2 years ago i was in a head on collision anyway i was waiting to turn right off a filter light. So i got the light and it was my turn and someone in a mondeo broke the red light he turned left same direction as i was going anyway i didnt mind him he didnt hit me it was the second vehicle how ever that did and he had sped up to get through the light. So I move out to go right and i ended up with a Van in the middle of my front bumper (i was in a 95 toyota starlet) I had no time to swerve didnt even see him as i assumed he would stop as his light was red for atleast a minute. Anyway he got out a proceeded to blame me (because i was younger than he was of course he was gonna blame the boy racer) anyway he went running down to the local Garda station but when he went the Gardai turned up and asked me where the other guy was gone and i said to the station to get you they asked what happened i was in shock so i said i was waiting for the green arrow to go right and said i had got the light and he had broken the red light and hit me. (but the garda was looking for the words i was waiting for the filter light) anyway the Garda practically said after talking to the older guy in his van that they were going to have to blame me. That is when the guy who was behind me stopped up the road and ran back to tell the Garda what happened i was told my story was backed up and i wasnt at fault here. ( also told if van driver gave any hassle about paying for repairs to go to him and he would have him done for breaking the light) (he should have had him done anyway) ended up going through the insurance got sick of him trying to fob me off.

glad you got your car back mate i know the feeling

That's a bad situation mark, somewhat unsurprising age thinking they are better....

jeebowhite

Took the car for a spin today (perfect day for driving topless!) and it seem to be perfectly fine. I think I'll keep it for a while :)

Next step is to mount the dash cam mirror permanently and attach rear view camera (which is going to be pain in the backside).

And to hell with the bad luck! :D

Mark12

It really pees me off when someone knowingly in the wrong is blaming innocent party for his own wrongdoings! How these people can live in peace with themselves I really don't know...

• Like 1

Good man :-)

Mark12
It really pees me off when someone knowingly in the wrong is blaming innocent party for his own wrongdoings! How these people can live in peace with themselves I really don't know...

I know right it really doesn't make sense how could he get away with it. I hope you find some sort of proof to nail that git to the guilty verdict.

i had to think twice when you said a good day to drive topless at first i thought you were topless but then realized you ment the car hahaha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club