Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2013 Titanium Low Profile Tyres

sweep

Hi, I am just looking for any advice please. I have a 2013 Titanium with low profile tyres 205/40/17 or 18 I think. I have had the car for 2 years and am getting fed up with the uncomfortable ride. If I were to change wheels, does anyone know what would be the best/correct wheels size to have. I know it involves the speedo etc but that's where my knowledge ends!!

thanks

This should help and you won't have to recalibrate your speedo.

wheels_zps9ce60b5c.jpg

Thanks Willy! I didn't think of looking at the original specifications. I suppose my other question is...

I have some sort of pack on the car, a sport pack or street pack or something - it has a little spoiler at the back and a lower front bumper than a standard titanium - I assume because the car has bigger wheels, they won't have altered any of the suspension etc?

Will it look stupid - will there be a gap between the wheel arch and the smaller wheel. I suppose its only an inch.

Also, what do you think about whether it will make enough of a difference to make the hassle worth it? That's a bit subjective I guess, but just wondered if anyone has any experience of either/both wheel size

thanks

Isn't it just the alloys that are larger rather than the wheel base? That's always what I thought! So you get less tyre and more alloy :-P

The wheelbase has nothing to do with the size of the wheels, it is the distance from the centres of the front and rear wheels. To have a more comfortable ride you need deeper sidewalls on the tyre. A 16" wheel with 50 aspect sidewalls will give a more comfortable ride with hardly any difference to the diameter of a 17" wheel with a 40 aspect tyre if both tyre widths are the same.

Mac

Hi, I am just looking for any advice please. I have a 2013 Titanium with low profile tyres 205/40/17 or 18 I think. I have had the car for 2 years and am getting fed up with the uncomfortable ride. If I were to change wheels, does anyone know what would be the best/correct wheels size to have. I know it involves the speedo etc but that's where my knowledge ends!!

thanks

I have 16inch ones 195/50/R16

Ride is lovely my car laughs at potholes and looks good too

post-50202-142643307637_thumb.jpg

do you want to swap I'm after a set of the 17" alloys you can take my 16" titanium alloys like the same on the blue fiesta above

pm me if your interested

Can anyone explain to me what this is about width and offset?

So it looks like 195\50\16 should be OK?

195/50/R16 is fine mate thats what i have on mines rides a dream mate

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club