Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking to buy a Focus

hawker

Hi.

I am in the market to buy a 5 door Focus hatch preferably around a 2005-2007 plate.

I currently own a Toyota Celica, but my recently growing family means that this is becoming more and more impractical.

I'm after a Focus that is around the bottom of the CO2 scale so I would need to go for a diesel. I'm looking specifically for a 1.6TDCi Zetec currently, but should I also be on the lookout for a 1.8/2,0? I'm not considering the 1.8 and 2.0 due to economy/road tax costs, but should I? In reality, is there much difference?

Is there a "best" Diesel to go for in terms of reliability/drive etc?

I quite like the ones with the blackened inserts in the headlights. Was this with certain models, or an optional extra?

Is there a particular model that is more advisable than others?

Are there any common faults/problems that I need to look out for before buying.

Any other advice will be very much appreciated.

PS.

Its a long shot, but if anyone on here with a 2005-2008 5 door 1.6 TDCi Zetec who may be interested in a change and perhaps may consider my car in a swap/PX deal:

My Celica Website

Current Pics

Thanks very much

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I am in the market to buy a 5 door Focus hatch preferably around a 2005-2007 plate.

I currently own a Toyota Celica, but my recently growing family means that this is becoming more and more impractical.

I'm after a Focus that is around the bottom of the CO2 scale so I would need to go for a diesel. I'm looking specifically for a 1.6TDCi Zetec currently, but should I also be on the lookout for a 1.8/2,0? I'm not considering the 1.8 and 2.0 due to economy/road tax costs, but should I? In reality, is there much difference?

Is there a "best" Diesel to go for in terms of reliability/drive etc?

I quite like the ones with the blackened inserts in the headlights. Was this with certain models, or an optional extra?

Is there a particular model that is more advisable than others?

Are there any common faults/problems that I need to look out for before buying.

Any other advice will be very much appreciated.

PS.

Its a long shot, but if anyone on here with a 2005-2008 5 door 1.6 TDCi Zetec who may be interested in a change and perhaps may consider my car in a swap/PX deal:

My Celica Website

Current Pics

Thanks very much

Paul

Hi I dont have a focus for sale but you say not considering a 1.8 or 2.0 due to economy i have a2003 1.8 TDCI facelift 3 door around town im getting approx 48mpg and thats with 18" wheels on on a run approx 56-58 which i think is awsome.the blacked out front lights were from the ST range i believe although for £140ish you can get yourself the blacked out halo lights which can look awsome.Things to look out for though are the DMF dual mass flywheel these can cost loads of cash to put right also some suffer speedo problems but that was the mk1 and facelift up to 04.in general they are all great cars i have had both of said problems with mine but still love the focus.car tax is £120 a year and to insure it costs me £196 full comp NCB protected hth.

Thanks for that Alan, thats a great help.

;)