Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk4 2.0 Tdci Egr Removal And Cleaning

Wappygixer

Mondeo 161

It's not advisable to drive in 6th @ less than 70 mph as the DMF will suffer

New one on me I use 6th from about 50ish done 151k still on original clutch DMF

With engine revs less than 1500rpm in 6th the engine is also being laboured - fact.

I watch this on my dash droid, looking out for labour points and changing gear when I see it

You would be surprised at how much labour the engine goes through, even when the revs seem fine, it labours long before it starts juddering...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Well I was lucky on my mk3 as well then never had a clutch change on that either or on my Citreon C5 both did over 170k, never let them labour or judder, don't do much town work so maybe that's the secret

That is no doubt the '' secret '' as town driving in high gears at low engine revs is a DMF killer - but then that is not what a diesel engine was designed to do anyway

You should never have a electronic egr blanked it should be mapped out as it will harm the engine if just blanked and good mapper should know this

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Rubbish

An electronically controlled EGRV on a diesel engine can be safely blanked as hundreds if not thousands of Euro 4 / 5 emissions vehicle owners are aware

A good mapper should remove the egr yes, but a blank plate will just throw an error light all day long.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All those owners that have blanked their diesel engined Euro 4 / 5 emissions vehicles do is read the code when the EML illuminates to ensure it pertains to the EGRV blanking, & then delete the code & subsequently the EML, on a periodic basis

I agree that ideally the EGRV is mapped out, but to state that blanking an electronically controlled EGRV will damage the engine is nonsense

They block up . Your blocking something that trying to be pumped through , in the long run it will damage it, I've tried it on my own car and I do a lot of mileage it soon blocked up and made the whole car run absolute crap , I personally would never block it again unless it's the old vacuum ones

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Not true

A correctly blanked EGRV is blanked prior to the operating valve & the recycled exhaust gases that would have passed through the EGRV into the inlet manifold now pass through the turbo into the exhaust system, therefore it is impossible for an EGRV to '' block up '' as the exhaust gases are not in contact with the EGRV valve as misguidedly claimed above

In many cases the EGRV '' cooler pipe '' can also be blanked at the exhaust outlet, again forcing the exhaust gases to go where they should go, & that is through the turbo & into the exhaust system

• 1 year later...
On 22/09/2015 at 11:19 PM, croc86 said:

I have managed to locate my EGR valve on a 2011 Ford Mondeo 2L TDCi, towards the front cnetre of the engine.

Can anyone confirm from the photos where exactly the EGR blanking plate will go?

And if the blanking plate does not have a 10mm (I have both), then does the engine management system (FORDconvers+) repeatedly warn you of the EGR error every day?

Or is it something that you can live with and not notice whilst driving, and just periodically delete the error with F-Super program and the like?

Thanks

IMG_1639.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

That is Not EGR. Thats a diaphram.

• 1 year later...

One for WAPPYGIXER. Read your post of march 2015, I am trying to change my egr and manifold. I am having trouble locating the hidden bolt (5MM one). Is there any chance of you posting to photos you mentioned. I can see a 10 mm nut but no 5mm ones. Any advise?

Thanks

Larry