Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec-S To St.

tfin25

Evening all.

Long story short, I'm currently thinking about trading in my 1.0 Zetec-S and upgrading to an ST.

I've noticed over the months that a fair few other members have done a similar things, so I was curious to find a few things out

Ive not driven an ST yet so how did the st compare to the zs? Mainly power and handling wise.

What sort of effects did it have on your insurance premiums? Im 20 with 2 years ncd for reference.

Are you glad you changed? Any regrets?

Any replies would be appreciated!

I've just put in an order for an ST3 and will be moving up from a 100bhp Zetec EcoBoost.

Difference will be like night and day for me, but in a good way. The Zetec was a/still is a brilliant car but I was tempted almost from the start to move up.

My Insurance circumstances have meant that the ST3 should cost me an extra £115 for the year (already paid my 12month renewal ~4 weeks ago based on my Zetec).

Got a few weeks to wait now and should have it by early/mid April.

I've just ordered an ST3, had my zetec s nearly a year but always wanted the ST originally.

I'm 23 with 3 years ncb and my insurance will be going up by roughly £120 but thats with my current insurer - just renewed so wanted to stick with them

I can't say much about the difference as I've not driven the ST before, but I know for a fact I've been left behind by them in my zetec s :lol:

• Like 1

what insurers are everyone with?

I came from a zs after owning it for 10 months and straight into a st3, im 21 with 2 years no claims.

You won't regret the change, the zs is an awesome little car and has its benefits. However the St is literally amazing, recaros are good and the power delivery Is on a different level. I donly regret the change :)

I got a zetec s now and ordered an st, i love my zetec s but always wants an st so going to change.

Cant wait for it to come as ive heard they are amazing cars. I would highly recommend one although i haven't driven it yet but im sure i will fall in love lol.

Do it while you can, it's only money and the difference in cost is nothing really for the difference in car. I did it in March last year and binned the ST earlier this year. defiantly worth it.

Dare I say there are other hatches out there to try as well? although I'd seriously say look at buying a used ST, like a year old fully specced and looked after, let someone else take the hit on depreciation, they loose a good few K after a year. hardly worth it just to say I got a new car that I can't kill for a few weeks yet until it's teethed.

Cheers for the replies guys, some interesting points.

I probably will end up upgrading when the time comes, i'll be getting it on privilege, so 9 months from taking delivery of my Zs is around mid June so i've still got a bit of time to test drive one and such.

Do it while you can, it's only money and the difference in cost is nothing really for the difference in car. I did it in March last year and binned the ST earlier this year. defiantly worth it.

Dare I say there are other hatches out there to try as well? although I'd seriously say look at buying a used ST, like a year old fully specced and looked after, let someone else take the hit on depreciation, they loose a good few K after a year. hardly worth it just to say I got a new car that I can't kill for a few weeks yet until it's teethed.

good points, as I said it would be on priv so i'm not too bothered about the depreciation. The privelege discount tends to make up most of the initial depreciation anyway. Just like with my zs, the price I paid for a new one was about the same as one that was 6-12 months old.

Cheers fellas!

Cheers for the replies guys, some interesting points.

I probably will end up upgrading when the time comes, i'll be getting it on privilege, so 9 months from taking delivery of my Zs is around mid June so i've still got a bit of time to test drive one and such.

good points, as I said it would be on priv so i'm not too bothered about the depreciation. The privelege discount tends to make up most of the initial depreciation anyway. Just like with my zs, the price I paid for a new one was about the same as one that was 6-12 months old.

Cheers fellas!

Exactly what I've done with priv discount.

Originally went in looking at the 140ps but minimal difference in price between that and the ST, came out a week later with an ST3 they had in the showroom, got a great deal on it even before priv discount.. Haven't looked in the rear view since ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Exactly what I've done with priv discount.

Originally went in looking at the 140ps but minimal difference in price between that and the ST, came out a week later with an ST3 they had in the showroom, got a great deal on it even before priv discount.. Haven't looked in the rear view since ;)

And I partly blame you for me going in and ordering one!

Only problem is that I didn't get any priv discount, so I just put my card on the table and looked the other way :lol:

• Like 1

And I partly blame you for me going in and ordering one!

Only problem is that I didn't get any priv discount, so I just put my card on the table and looked the other way :lol:

Hush Darryl, not my fault you fell for the twin exhausts and recaro's haha

• Like 1

Upgraded from my ZS to ST3 (mountune) about 3 months ago.......& its streets ahead :)

it's a good choice, you'll enjoy it so much more, for the difference in cost I wonder why so many people bought the ZS, unless for 5 doors it doesn't make decent value for money over it.

the red / black edition.........just don't see it, it's just a Corsa LE with a better engine and not a VX, pure copying and very late at it Fraud. anyone paying 16k for one must be on crack tbh

• Like 1

it's a good choice, you'll enjoy it so much more, for the difference in cost I wonder why so many people bought the ZS, unless for 5 doors it doesn't make decent value for money over it.

the red / black edition.........just don't see it, it's just a Corsa LE with a better engine and not a VX, pure copying and very late at it Fraud. anyone paying 16k for one must be on crack tbh

My logic was the free tax, better MPG and smaller monthly payments - but after a while (and after a change in circumstances) I decided to just go for it... it's only money!

And you cant even get a 5 door zetec s! I only went for the zs in the first place because I couldn't afford the insurance on an ST. Got a few years driving under my belt now though so policies are a lot more reasonable.

Agree with you on the red/black edition. Someone has just got a new one in work and it just looks naff. Each to their own though.

I'm going from titanium to a ZS Black (As everyone probably knows with how much I ramble on about it!), £50 cheaper including admin fees to change from a 1.0 100PS to a 1.0 140PS with more value, not too shabby! (£330 to £380, both still extremely reasonable after I paid £2800 a year for my £500 1999 Fiesta on my first year!!)

Out of mild interest, I tried to quote my current insurance on an ST3, and they said they couldn't insure me, strange! 23 year old (24 soon) with 4 years NCD and 1 Non-fault accident claim.

I may look on a comparison site to see exactly what the difference would be, but would probably trade in just in time for the Mk 8 next time, hopefully getting a reasonable return still.

Edit:

Well, here's the difference... £210 difference a year from a Titanium to an ST3. Still, will be 25 when I next come up for renewal :-P

post-44171-0-85978900-1426533006_thumb.p

My ZS went in for its service last week... I pick up a 14 plate low mileage ST3 next weekend.

I'm with SwiftCover for the ZS, they won't insure the ST at all. Looked around and the best price is about 360.. 12 years driving. 9 years no claims.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I recently test drove one of the Zetec S red edition have to say it is nothing like the ST2 I currently have. I was hoping that I would like it and be able to save a few bob a month in my repayments but the savings weren't enough to justify what you lose out on in the ST.

What I would've missed is the Sony DAB radio which makes the dash look clearer imo

Having to use keys to start the engine lol

Heated Recaro's

No 6th gear tried putting the red edition into reverse on the test drive

The power delivery although the power is there in there in red edition it takes an age to get there unlike the ST.

If you can afford the ST and insurance then go for it as although the Zetec S is a great car its like comparing chalk and cheese

We need Big Rog in this thread now. he hates this topic.

You can get DAB and keyless entry on the S Black as relatively cheap options! (In comparison to what they used to be..)

^ still that just bumps the cost up towards the ST money.

• Like 1

And you've got to take into consideration the inevitable change to an ST.. it's better to do it at the start than pay the price to upgrade early like I just did.

Overall I've put down another £1000 for deposit and my payments are going up by roughly £100 a month, so if I'd have gone for the ST to begin with I'd be better off financially.

It depends if you're the type of person who knows that once they've got the Zetec S, you won't be tempted to swap it for the ST.. my willpower isn't that strong :lol:

Only time will tell for me! :p 4 weeks to go ..

Can't afford the insurance or extra payments right now! :p will keep the black for a couple of years.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club