• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rich9791

rich9791

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: finesse
Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:42 PM

My fiesta i.3 5 door 2000 reg has developed a water leak, the mechanic tells me it is coming from a core plug, but to repair the problem the gearbox needs to be removed, and subsequently will be a very expensive job, could anybody tell me if this action is necessary, or is he trying to pull a fast one on me, thanks in advance,John.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Russ

Russ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4i zetec

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

My fiesta i.3 5 door 2000 reg has developed a water leak, the mechanic tells me it is coming from a core plug, but to repair the problem the gearbox needs to be removed, and subsequently will be a very expensive job, could anybody tell me if this action is necessary, or is he trying to pull a fast one on me, thanks in advance,John.

A bit late to reply as you probably have this fixed by now but depends where the core plug is. I once did one on a vauxhall, drove a screwdriver through the old plug and yanked it out, covered the new one in sealant, and just tapped it back in place........28 pence total cost!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users