Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With Car/mechanic

focusowner1

I'm going to message him right now telling him that's not the engine number. And AGAIN ask for the car registration! I'll let you know what they reply with...

The block is stamped with the serial , so it can be corroded but not to the extent of not being able to read it, normally needs a bit of a brush and clean up first.

Would the number be where the pic is pointing to? There is a code there, but I don't know if it's the engine number or some other code? . I've messaged him saying we've been advised that's not the engine number.

I think he's just going to play you around and will probably give you another fake reg (reg of a different car) or something to compensate. At this point I would take this seriously and get someone to look into it so you can get an independent opinion. AND how low was the oil level?

@Londons finest.

When I first had car back the oil was full. Then it leaked and they fixed the leak (was leaking being oil filter but they have fixed the that and no more leaks now)

Jeez, the plot thickens. These guys get worse with every post lol! I couldn't find them on Companies House which means they will be a sole trader as opposed to a Ltd company as there are no formal registration requirements for sole traders. - Not that it makes a massive difference, I was just curious.

You really need to get a garage with good feedback to do a full report on the car then sue these gits for the money you have spent. Remember to put everything together in a folder because if you went to court or wanted further advice from a solicitor (usually 30 mins free advice), it helps to have everything to hand and to be concise.

• Like 1

Have to agree I don't think IDE be communicating with them anymore but taking the matter further you've done more than enough and its clear they will either start ignoring you or give you the reg of some car lying in a scrapyard somewhere....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The garage is called B & M Autocare in Skewen, Neath, South Wales. The mechanic I have been in conversation with is called Marshall Hayes. The co owner is Brian.

They have informed me they cannot find the details I have requested.

Have said that I can put 'engine number unknown' on logbook, and this won't devalue the vehicle.

They have said they have gone above and beyond for me with my vehicle.

They only reply to messages now if I send one more than once.

I have been in touch with trading standards through CAB and know what to do next and what not to etc.

There's probably more that I've missed out...

What were the other businesses you say they run? My mother lives in Neath, and it'll be good to give her a heads up of who to avoid :)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I wouldnt be going to CAB, I'd go to the Police, They have basically stolen your legit engine and replaced it with one that is likely to be stolen or knackered.The fact it appears to have no engine number means that if you were pulled by the bill its almost certain they would be taking your car away

• Like 2

The other businesses are linked with that garage business.

House clearances and scrap cars bought for cash.. Things like that.

Let your mum know and anyone else to stay well clear of these cowboys!

I've also been in touch with someone that used to work with them. They've informed me that they're not even mechanics, they are employing people to do jobs they can't do apparently. They even advertised on a social networking 'for sale' page, that they wanted someone who could weld for a few days work.

I have been in contact with the police, who advised some things I'd wish not to put her in case they find and read this.

Offered them the chance to buy my car off me and that'd be that, but they said they are not interested in buying my car.

Keep us updated, if the police decide to do nothing at all then maybe the chaps on Pistonheads and other sites should be told of this, then no one will give them business and they will become toxic fairly quickly

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

I will keep you updated, and will inform other sites of my experience with this company.

Think that says whats has happened here if they have a buying scrap cars business?