Do Not Sell My Personal Information

iPhone Car Holder

MarkyR

Hey guy's,

I brought the Co-Pilot sat nav software for my iPhone yesterday, I got board of waiting for tomtom plus I'm not spending over £100 on it!!

So I now have a choice of car holders as I was going to get the Tom Tom one, I am pretty settled on the Brodit holder with built in charging here:

http://www.brodit.com/?main=searchbrodit.j...02-5C9000DC2754

But am not sure on weather to get the Brodit clip for the Fiesta or the arm that sticks to the windscreen. Choices are:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/fitt...mp;Model=Fiesta

OR

http://www.pdahut.com/store/product.php?pr...2652&page=2

What one would you guy's choose?

I'd probably go for the windscreen arm since the clip looks like it uses adhesive tape and I wouldn't want something permanently on display.

I'd go for the second one, quite fancy that myself, although the sticky stuff might leave a mess if you need to remove it. I have a universal arm holder on my windscreen but I'd be a bit dubious bout putting my iPhone on it.

I'd go for the second one, quite fancy that myself, although the sticky stuff might leave a mess if you need to remove it. I have a universal arm holder on my windscreen but I'd be a bit dubious bout putting my iPhone on it.

So are you saying you like the clip? Not sure myself, I don't want sticky stuff either left on the plastic and not sure about deforming the rubber on a brand new car? I have no worry's about using an arm and leaving it in the car.

does the nav s/w want the handset in landscape mode? It will chew up battery power

It works in both landscape and portrait mode, and yes that's why I will buy a holder with the battery charging connector and lead, although I may have to extend it as I've not got the smokers pack then I believe the 12 volt plug by the handbreak is the only one?

So are you saying you like the clip? Not sure myself, I don't want sticky stuff either left on the plastic and not sure about deforming the rubber on a brand new car? I have no worry's about using an arm and leaving it in the car.

Yeah I like the clip - it's in a good position, just a shame about the sticky stuff. I leave the arm stuck on my window, and touch wood, not had any problems. I have it stuck to the right hand side of the steering wheel. If it needs charged the lead goes behind the steering wheel, then round the gear stick - not the best, but it works!

I sometimes place my satnav on the door window, makes it easier to reach if i need to alter my route, but for longer journeys I leave it on the windscreen as it's easier to glance at.

My cable runs behind the gear stick, alongside the footwell, over the steering wheel, under the air vent and up to my satnav!

My cable runs behind the gear stick, alongside the footwell, over the steering wheel, under the air vent and up to my satnav!

:lol: Is this a competition?

My tomtom had to always been on charge but I now have a new Garmin which has a longer battery life, so I won't have the cable running all over the car

:lol: Is this a competition?

My tomtom had to always been on charge but I now have a new Garmin which has a longer battery life, so I won't have the cable running all over the car

Right! I now pronounce the "Best Organised Glovebox (BOG) Competition, officially open!!

My tomtom is fine for trips of around an hour-hour and a half but I usually play it safe with any Journey over that and just have the thing plugged in.

hmm. well I don't need the charging cable holder as I forgot I've got a Griffin Powerjolt I've never used haha. Tested it and it works fine, so I can get the Brodit holder which lets you connect a powerjolt, that brings the cost down by £20!! The clip is cheaper then the windscreen mount and I know Brodit are very good as I've used them for my last 3 phones.

I'll be getting an extended USB cable too so I can put the wire round under the dash and beat you all :P

hmm. well I don't need the charging cable holder as I forgot I've got a Griffin Powerjolt I've never used haha. Tested it and it works fine, so I can get the Brodit holder which lets you connect a powerjolt, that brings the cost down by £20!! The clip is cheaper then the windscreen mount and I know Brodit are very good as I've used them for my last 3 phones.

I'll be getting an extended USB cable too so I can put the wire round under the dash and beat you all :P

So you are getting the clip after all?

yeah, I just brought it. Should do the trick. Got all the bit's I need now so I'm happy. I brought a 1.8 metre USB ext lead that should hopefully be long enough to hide the cable.

yeah, I just brought it. Should do the trick. Got all the bit's I need now so I'm happy. I brought a 1.8 metre USB ext lead that should hopefully be long enough to hide the cable.

How much did that cost in total then?

I was waiting on tomtom for the iPhone, but my bf dad sold me his £400 unused Garmin for £100. Goodness knows when the tomtom app will eventually be released. Rumours are that it will cost around £100 plus VAT.

Jeez co-pilot is only £25.99!!!! I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the clip and the app

It cost me £45 with delivery, but I already have a car charger so I don't have to buy that. I didn't want to pay over £100 either for tomtom and I know from reviews that Co-Pilot is very good, it's won a lot of awards and for £26 it's a bargain. You also get free map upgrades every 12 to 18 months and in an update due later this year it'll give you a feature where it will remember where it was after you take or make a phone call.

Make sure you give us your number before you make any long trips! :lol:

Eu? Why's that? Thinking I'm going to get lost? :(

So that we can keep rebooting your co-pilot app! :lol:

Cos from what you said re the update it sounds like it won't remember where you are after you take a phonecall.

Does the app still let you bluetooth the iPhone to the Ford Audio?

Cos from what you said re the update it sounds like it won't remember where you are after you take a phonecall.

Does the app still let you bluetooth the iPhone to the Ford Audio?

That's right, he's going to get lost whether he likes it or not!

Doh LOL :D :D should of thought of that one! haha. One of the iPhones downsides.

Doh LOL :D :D should of thought of that one! haha. One of the iPhones downsides.

I still get lost even with a sat nav (usually when there is no street and house number) - goodness knows what would happen if I used the app on the iPhone :lol:

• 1 month later...

As promised, here are some pics of my Brodit holder in place. It was a bit of a struggle to get it positioned so I could put the iPhone in and out of it!

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club