Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Red Edition Rattle

matthew1kings

Hi all,

I've had my brand new 15 plate fiesta red edition now for 4 days and I love everything about the car except 1 problem, in all gears no matter wether it's light acceleration or heavy acceleration there is a rattle from the front area which I'm assuming is engine or gearbox related from low Rpm such as 1200 and above.

It happens when the engine is both cold and hot and when it's revved say in neutral there's a metallic sound sort of like I don't know a chain on mountain bike.

I'm going to be taking it into fords but driving along with this rattle is intolerable. Anyone have ideas why it's got this rattle?

I forgot to mention that I've noticed that the rattle stops when the clutch is depressed such as when changing gears

Maybe the clutch needs to be greased then....

Funny you say this, I have a similar rattling except when clutch is pressed...

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem has yours been fixed or looked at? Is it still rattling?

I haven't yet no. It's not really loud and I'm not sure if that's just what the engine is like

I am extremely picky with my cars though so it's probably nothing. Are you getting yours checked?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club