Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help My Car Has The Red Gear With The !

saa1

Hi was wondering if anyone could help me my 2006 1.6tdci focus has a intermittent fault on it, when driving along at speed the red gear with the ! Comes on. So pull over turn the engine off and then turn the engine on and light has gone out. Does anyone know what is causing this! I have replaced the gearbox oil and the EGR valve but the problem is still there I have had it on a code reader and the car isn't storing any codes. It also started fine in the cold.

This sounds like the frost warning light!

It's the ice warning light (it looks a bit like a snow flake), when we 1st got our Focus the wife frightened the life out of me (in a snowy December) by ringing me at work to say the new car hard a red cog on the dashboard!!! If I remember correctly I think if the temp is something like 1-4'C it shows amber & 0'C or below shows red. If in doubt check the owners book as it will show you the symbol you are seeing.

It's the ice warning light (it looks a bit like a snow flake), when we 1st got our Focus the wife frightened the life out of me (in a snowy December) by ringing me at work to say the new car hard a red cog on the dashboard!!! If I remember correctly I think if the temp is something like 1-4'C it shows amber & 0'C or below shows red. If in doubt check the owners book as it will show you the symbol you are seeing.

The snowflake doesn't have a ! in the middle of it,its just a snowflake which as you rightly say changes colour.

Powertrain warning light!, I am guessing. As above most like a glow plug or glow plug relay issue

• Like 1

The snowflake doesn't have a ! in the middle of it,its just a snowflake which as you rightly say changes colour.

Ah, I missed the ! part in the original post

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

glow plugs changed, relay is fine and have changed the egr valve plus re-tested the valve just to make sure its working fully. i have plugged in a code reader to try and find this fault but keeps coming up clear. Any help as to what it is? would be a big help as symbol only comes on when at motorway speed but there is no pattern to the issue it can happen once and be fine for the whole journey or can come on twice in twenty minutes be clear for an hour or two and come back on.