Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jacko192

cant find engine number ?

3 posts in this topic

I have a 1.8 Ford Focus 'W' Reg and for the life of me can't find the engine number on the engine cylinder block. :( I have the engine number off the ID plate on front cross member, but don't know how this transfers onto and where on the engine ?

I have a 1.8 Ford Focus 'W' Reg and for the life of me can't find the engine number on the engine cylinder block. :( I have the engine number off the ID plate on front cross member, but don't know how this transfers onto and where on the engine ?

fords don,t use engine numbers some people use the last 5 digits of the chassis number,colin

fords don,t use engine numbers some people use the last 5 digits of the chassis number,colin

They use engine codes, same thing really.

It located on the passengers side of the rocker cover on the side or near the top of the gearbox at the bell housing (where the flywheel is)

For the mk1 1.8 focus it should start with EYD