Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bimbo requires help

Air Hostess

Can anybody help me please with the what, and not what to do, to remove the plastic trim ring around the gear lever gaiter on my MK6 facelift,I have just ordered a leather gaiter and leather handbrake gaiter for my fezzi,and dont want to break any trim bits trying to remove the rubber springy one thats on there from new.

As I am on my own,I dont have anybody to help,but I can do most bits once I have either been told, or shown what to do,so my guess is someone out there has changed theirs,any advice would be appreciated

Thanks Guys and Girls

Kristal :blink:

Hi Kristal

The plastic surround just pops out. It's only held in by four clips, so if you just use something as leverage it should simply pop out :)

Hey Kristal, you're no bimbo. A damsel in distress maybe, but not a Bimbo!

Hey Kristal, you're no bimbo. A damsel in distress maybe, but not a Bimbo!

Thanks Karen,but if not a Bimbo I certainly do have more than my fair share of "Blonde Moments" :D

Thanks Karen,but if not a Bimbo I certainly do have more than my fair share of "Blonde Moments" :D

:lol: Yeah, me too. :lol:

:lol: Yeah, me too. :lol:

So do I; especially when Mrs Hedgepig's got her nagging head on......for example:

What did you say?

Are you stupid or what?

No, dear, just having a blonde moment!! :lol:

Just to say thanks to DNStuff and Titanium s spec for their advice on removing the plastic trim ring around the gear lever so I can fit my new leather bits, followed the destructions and it came off easypeasy also fitted the handbrake gaiter as well ,but as I didnt have any instructions on "how" I used woman wisdom, or to put it another way as Mr J Clarkson keeps saying.........How hard can it be?? assuming that this was fixed in a similar way to the gear lever ring, i tried it and it worked.big bit of trim though.took a bit of getting out

the complete job took 30 minutes and I think it looks better than the rubbery zebedee springy thing that was on there from new

so I took some pics

houseandcar021-1.jpg

houseandcar022.jpg

houseandcar023.jpg

houseandcar024.jpg

Yayyyy, well done you.... so much for the bimbo! :D

Yayyyy, well done you.... so much for the bimbo! :D

Looks much much better with that leather trim. Well done for a good job! ;)

very nice, where did you get them and do they come with blue stitching?

They are from eBay item number 190313731770 (blue stitching) i have just orderd another set for one of my girlfriends in blue stitching,they come in all colours of stitching £9.99 +£1.95 post n pack total £11.94.

I found fitting it very tight, so i've a couple of home thought up tips to get it to fit better and more quickly

let me know if you get them and ill tell you how i fitted mine,

Kristal

They are from Ebay item number 190313731770 (blue stitching) i have just orderd another set for one of my girlfriends in blue stitching,they come in all colours of stitching £9.99 +£1.95 post n pack total £11.94.

I found fitting it very tight, so i've a couple of home thought up tips to get it to fit better and more quickly

let me know if you get them and ill tell you how i fitted mine,

Kristal

Thanks ,will do. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Massive thanks to Kristal for her pics and tips for fitting these. I will have a go at it this weekend and all being well chuck a couple of pics on here.

What you like at decorating Kristal ?

:P

Massive thanks to Kristal for her pics and tips for fitting these. I will have a go at it this weekend and all being well chuck a couple of pics on here.

What you like at decorating Kristal ?

:P

Well Daran...........what can I say..........I did one of my bathrooms a couple of months ago including draining the water tank in the loft,fitted two new gate valve's then new bathtaps and shower mixer and two new basin taps ........... and tiled the floor with marble tiles, plus painted the ceiling and regrouted the tiles on the walls..so for a woman on her own .I think I do pretty good job....the only thing i dont do is climb ladders in heels and a skirt (i have done but not any more not sure if the skirt was too short or the ladder was too high :lol:).............. :P so what do you want ?a couple of walls knocked down.or an extention built or just some new windows fitted and a painting and decorating job done.....free estimates contact Bimbo Builders ,part of the Bodgit and Scarper group of companys....... :lol:

B.T.W only to glad to help out with the pics and fitting instructions on the gear lever and handbrake gaiter hope it goes well and lets see some pics of the finished job

Kristal

Well Daran...........what can I say..........I did one of my bathrooms a couple of months ago including draining the water tank in the loft,fitted two new gate valve's then new bathtaps and shower mixer and two new basin taps ........... and tiled the floor with marble tiles, plus painted the ceiling and regrouted the tiles on the walls..so for a woman on her own .I think I do pretty good job....the only thing i dont do is climb ladders in heels and a skirt (i have done but not any more not sure if the skirt was too short or the ladder was too high :lol:).............. :P so what do you want ?a couple of walls knocked down.or an extention built or just some new windows fitted and a painting and decorating job done.....free estimates contact Bimbo Builders ,part of the Bodgit and Scarper group of companys....... :lol:

B.T.W only to glad to help out with the pics and fitting instructions on the gear lever and handbrake gaiter hope it goes well and lets see some pics of the finished job

Kristal

Marry Me ! :lol:

Marry Me ! :lol:

Daran, Ill have to ask Karen,Emily,Zippy,Jan,Amy,Michelle,and Flic to be Bridesmaids,are you sure your wife wont mind ?............. :lol:

glad my advice was OK could not leave a bimbo in distress lol ;) :blink::rolleyes: o and i'm not married and yes they could all be brides maids lol

glad my advice was OK could not leave a bimbo in distress lol ;) :blink::rolleyes: o and i'm not married and yes they could all be brides maids lol

Thanks again ,I did leave you a thank you in post no7 for you help but I guess you must have missed it.so this onefor you.

Daran, Ill have to ask Karen,Emily,Zippy,Jan,Amy,Michelle,and Flic to be Bridesmaids,are you sure your wife wont mind ?............. :lol:

Thats alright, i wont tell her ! :P ;) :blink::blink:

I think there's a conspiracy here somewhere............people are trying to get me married off....... :lol:

Kristal, i am going into work today to fit these on the car. I will post some pics upon my return, unless of course i make an !Removed! of it !!!

:blink:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club