Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Zetec S Grille Badge....found !!!!!!

Jon Bhoy

Hi folks,

Ok nice to payback all the kind posts that have helped me out . Have seen many posts about people trying to get an "S" badge for the grille that is bolt through to hold it in place securely . I saw one the other week on eBay for £23 which i thought was a little steep but found one last night.Downside is its a Hong Kong business,the upside is its £6.99 including postage!!! Now i have no affiliation with the buyer but just as soon as i saw it i thought others might fancy it . Once it arrives ill post to let you know if it is any good or if its just a piece of rubbish.Heres where i got it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141606748450?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hope it helps out a few S drivers :-)

That great be havin myself one of those and I bet it gets delivered quicker than Royal Mail

• Like 1

If you want to hold off Neil ill let you know if its any good . It was meant as a heads up to those who have been sticking them to the Grille only for them to fall off but suddenly realise that if its a piece of rubbish and 20 folk order one then you all know roughly where i live and what i drive so ill end up in hiding! ;-)

I am thinking with it coming from HK that it may well be a non Ford Fake,no really i do! ;-)

No doubt it will be Jon but I bet there made over in that region anyway I,ll hang fire for now but I don't think you'll be disappointed there pretty good at doing copies of most things which helps us all with prices so long as it looks the biz.

Was just putting the jokey sarcy remark as someones bound to say its a rubbish fake ;-) When i saw the £23 and then saw this one i thought for the price even if it is plastic it will spruce up the grille a bit so worth the gamble . As soon as it arrives Neil ill take a pic and let folk know if it is worth a punt.

Was just putting the jokey sarcy remark as someones bound to say its a rubbish fake ;-) When i saw the £23 and then saw this one i thought for the price even if it is plastic it will spruce up the grille a bit so worth the gamble . As soon as it arrives Neil ill take a pic and let folk know if it is worth a punt.

Says it's metal

Yep,what i meant was even if it was listed as plastic i would have bought it.

Ok its arrived and looks superb! Very good quality,id say as good as Fords own ones (which i wouldnt be surprised if they are made in the same place lol) . Going to wash car tomowwor and will take a couple of pics and post them to let you see but id say its safe to order :-)

Anyone ever put one on a prefacelift mk2? :o

That looks the biz ordering one for front and get the one for the rear

Not sure if you were meaning buying two Neil,when you said one for the rear as the one shown will only work for the front as it has the protroding bolt holder.I think you are meaning youll get a normal one but just wanted to make sure you didnt waste time and money mate.

Anyone ever put one on a prefacelift mk2? :o

Davy,my brains dead but if you can take a pic of your grilled i might be able to tell you if i think it will work mate.

Davy,my brains dead but if you can take a pic of your grilled i might be able to tell you if i think it will work mate.

it should fit fine i think, heres a pic of the mk2

219991_472691199416105_1555865482_o.jpg

Ok good news and bad news mate . I remember now the grill,and it will fit fine.....HOWEVER in the pics you will see it has a large metal "Anchor" that goes behind the grille . Because of the downward fins on my grille you do not see it but it will show and may look a bit uglt . BUT because you have far more of a honeycomb mesh you wont need as big an anchor as mine has so you may find a big enough washer that would work,or indeed cut the anchor to size and that would sit behind the "S" and not look as bad . I have added a pic from lower to show what i mean.Hope that helps you a little.post-61506-0-24013000-1427996718_thumb.j

Wander if it would look daft or not haha

Cheers anyway boss :D

• Like 1

More than welcome Davy . I actually think youll be able to find a small enough washer that would sit behind the grille that would be big enough to hold the badge in place . I just nipped out to the car and measured up the badge . It is 5cm wide by about 3 cm high , now the 5cm is because either end of the S sweeps out so the main part of the badge is about 3cm x 3cm . If you measure up the honeycomb and each hole is less than 3cm x 3cm then you are laughing,just need to find a washer to suit or cut down the one that is included . So measure up and see how it goes.If i can help any more just let me know,or if you have any questions just shout.

Yer Jon going to order the stick on one for the back see if I can find them over there cheaper than here

Looked at that thanks Jon something about it don't look right or it just might be the angle off the photo

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club