Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

No Tax....

laumk7

My dealer appears to have sold my car on, (blimey that was quick!) as it was advertised on their own website and Autotrader, though tbf it was advertised for a very reasonable price. yet and this is the crux when I look up the reg (private plate) it's still untaxed? Now a part of me is thinking maybe the new owner is waiting for the new tax month before collection - but the tax on my old car was/is a mere £30 a year! So surely not! Another part is maybe they're using the old original reg, but that's drawing a complete blank when I search for it

I know I shouldn't be that bothered about what the heck happens to my old car, but curiosity does strike :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry to much as long as you set the correct forms to the Dvla they are in for it if they've not taxed it. Plus the car could be sold but not been collected from the dealer yet so it won't be taxed by the dealer until the day of collection. I've know people buy a car on the first but not picked it up until the 28th so it could be that and the dealer will take it off the web as soon as it's sold.

• Like 1

Another point I've just thought of is if they've put in for the plate transfer that can take 5 weeks so the new owner won't be able to take the car or tax it until that is returned to the dealer as well.

• Like 1

Good points, I've got the letter (somewhere!) from the dvla to say I no longer own the vehicle, am no longer responsible for it, etc

But it is making me wonder lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

They probably are waiting for the new month...even for just £30. I know I would! :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club