Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great Cheap Tracker,advice Fitting.

jace1969

I just got one of these little tracker/logger from a great firm that has sold loads and i have to say

its amazing,not the cheap £15 one its £31 off a british firm.

Thing is do i put a double piggy back or another piggy back as i have dash cam on one.

Thing is with double i will have to pull the one on now apart that i don't want to do as all sorted.

If another what fuse do i use as i have camera on rear wiper.

cheers.

Which tracker have you purchased?

• Like 2

tk-102b nano from a firm in the uk and works 100% and does loads of stuff £31.99

Firm is rewire security and i have rang them twice and great help.

Its amazing bit of kit,even sd card as well as sim card and all free live tracking.

yes mate thats the one,i never looked at amazon lol.

I rang them and they set it up but just get a 2G sim and put £10 on it and thats it.

They supply one free so its done for you just go online and do your own account.

Its works on the live GPSLIVE on google maps and a few more options on the maps.

It saves in on there site for 90 days and you can cover the log and keep.

They are literally based a few minutes from where I live, kinda handy :rolleyes:

What are your views on this product? I have been using a spare Android phone, and hiding it in the car. But the location history is sometimes hit and miss. Some days I get an accurate reading of all the locations where I have travelled in the car. But on others days i'm lucky to have a few points recorded on the location history - which is rubbish.

I'm looking for something that is smack on accurate, and have a good location history.

As you can see, my tracking results vary. I have my LG G2 with me today, and the location history is bang on. But the Other android device hidden in my car, isn't so accurate!

LG G2 (personal phone)

post-62796-0-72876700-1427369840_thumb.j

GPS tracker (other android device hidden in car)

post-62796-0-62382700-1427369883_thumb.j

well as for that i have only tried it once and seems as good as smack on.

I like a lot of stuff on it as i can just leave it in the car on a hard wire kit or cigi wire onto my

hard wire cigi set up.

I have set it so if no movement in around 15 mins it goes to std by and if car is moved it starts up.

Logs text files to sd card as well but you don't need that as it's all online upto 90 days they say.

You can ring it from the number in it on any mobile and will send you a text with a map link and this

will also take it off std by,all set up is by text command to the sim inside of it and there are a nice few.

I have had it a day so i can help on a few stuff but i think its spot on for me,go onto there demo

off eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111201679112?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Their eBay listing is packed with information. I like the idea of a magnetic back cover, as there are plenty of metal pieces up inside the dash. The demo login looks good too, quite like the idea.

I've took the plunge, had Amazon vouchers to use anyway ;)

attachicon.gifNano.jpg

If you get any problem give me a message and i will try and help but there support is spot on.

If you say jason if you do ring who told you he will know lol helped me a lot.

And you can put it anywhere as it's a good signal and goes few a nice few stuff.

The only thing i get once in a while is slight drift on where it is when i take it off std-by but it rights itself say if you move.

I've took the plunge, had Amazon vouchers to use anyway ;)

attachicon.gifNano.jpg

Let me know how you get on when you get it as i think i have set mine up wrong lol.

So much on it what you can do as i spoke to the person again and just sent e-mail.

On my history when i look back sometimes i go over houses or throught fields or car has moved

when on back yard parked up,only a few times but he said something about the ''BIT RATE'' i have it set to. ????

Same post code just a few houses away or house in front of me but that is when parked,i know there

not smack on.

Let me know how you get on when you get it as i think i have set mine up wrong lol.

So much on it what you can do as i spoke to the person again and just sent e-mail.

On my history when i look back sometimes i go over houses or throught fields or car has moved

when on back yard parked up,only a few times but he said something about the ''BIT RATE'' i have it set to. ????

Same post code just a few houses away or house in front of me but that is when parked,i know there

not smack on.

I know there is a certain accuracy to within "X" amount of meters, which I can live with. But with that hidden android phone I have in the Car, the tracking was way off at one point yesterday:

post-62796-0-74987700-1427474147_thumb.j

Apparently I travelled from Bristol to London in 1 minute, and stayed in London for 5 minutes (as there were 5 separate location history points). Then I was back in Bristol 5 minutes later, lol!

I have been messing a lot with it and could be me as most times it's not that bad.

Mk TK102-NANO arrived yesterday, I will be setting it up today.

What settings have you opted for with yours?

Right here we go.

i have set it to go onto std by and wake up if knocked (sensative) saves battery a lot,it works off ignition in car but does help.

set it up as well to save files to sd card for double back up 2gb card.

The person set it up so i get it sent to GPSlive every 40seconds,this is just to see where car is (you can set it all the time)

One thing what i have done is made sure i have NOT set it to get text messages everytime it wakes up or every so often

as then it's 15p each message,just message it or ring it and you can get info that way.

Right here we go.

i have set it to go onto std by and wake up if knocked (sensative) saves battery a lot,it works off ignition in car but does help.

set it up as well to save files to sd card for double back up 2gb card.

The person set it up so i get it sent to GPSlive every 40seconds,this is just to see where car is (you can set it all the time)

One thing what i have done is made sure i have NOT set it to get text messages everytime it wakes up or every so often

as then it's 15p each message,just message it or ring it and you can get info that way.

Very good.

I've got this free monthly sim from Talktalk, as i'm a PLUS TV/Phone/Fibre customer. They offered me this sim which is ideal, as it comes with 200MB data, 250 Text. Very ideal for a GPS tracker wouldn't you say?

Currently did have mine set up for constant GPS tracking, but realised that will drain battery rather quick. Instead i've activated the "Less GPRS traffic" [page 27, section 5.32].

The allows TK102-NANO to change to less GPRS traffic mode & sleep by shock sensor mode, if it has been stationary for 5 minutes. Thus saving battery life & internet usage. It will change to normal mode and active GPRS once it detects movement.

This is a good option to have active (it will save the battery), you can STILL call the GPS tracker, and it will reply with current location.

I did have mine constant GPS and might go back to it as my data is unlimited on virgin media anyway as the person said it will use LOADS of your data allowance as its always up-dating.

what text is the GPS on and traffic and how does that work and you think it will help my map lines

not go out of sync at times being mine just updates every 40 seconds.

This is my hard wire cigi 3 way and u.s b all off ignition.

post-52758-0-04721300-1427547711_thumb.j

You said above you had yours with the so much data on your sim and text messages,i have mine set off GPS only

so it don't go off the sim card only if i ring it,think you send GPS or something and says GPS ok from your mobile by text to

turn just the gps on.

All it uses on my sim is 15p a text and only if i want to know,my data through virgin media is unlimited so don't cost anything.

Yours must be set to both sim/gps.

Maybe then I could get a simple female cigarette lighter socket,

post-62796-14275676833_thumb.jpg

and possibly connect it to the current cigarette socket by gearstick. Simply pop the gearstick surround up, and connect the new sockets wires directly into the current sockets wires. Then the new exta socket can stay hidden (under the gear stick bag/surround, with the GPS tracker plugged into it)

Would that work you think? Saves me having the run a hardwire from the fuse box via piggyback.

My only concern/thought with a piggyback fuse connection is how obvious it is.

If anybody suspects you have a tracker, all they have to do it pop out the piggyback fuse and trace the wire.

I'd be inclined to try and run a covert wiring loom just for it.

I have an idea - but not one I'd post in open forum - just incase I decide to get one.

attachicon.gif1427567682390.jpg

and possibly connect it to the current cigarette socket by gearstick. Simply pop the gearstick surround up, and connect the new sockets wires directly into the current sockets wires. Then the new exta socket can stay hidden (under the gear stick bag/surround, with the GPS tracker plugged into it)

Would that work you think? Saves me having the run a hardwire from the fuse box via piggyback.

If you want a loom to piggy off the back of an existing 12v socket , P/M Me the requirements/length and I'll sort you out.

• Like 2

attachicon.gif1427567682390.jpg

This is how i have done mine then put a 3 way with u.s b into it and hidden it under gear surround.

The only problem your way off the one there now is mine don't work off ignition its 24/7 live and i wanted both.

As for hiding it i have hidden my tracker under the dash and charges up when car is started.

If they can't see anything on show i can't see why they would think there is one but i do see your point but

for a cheap tracker like mine i won't be going to that extreme.

If mine was a ST etc i would go for a dam good one being the car and the more chance them beeing stolen.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club