Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great Cheap Tracker,advice Fitting.

jace1969

I did have mine constant GPS and might go back to it as my data is unlimited on virgin media anyway as the person said it will use LOADS of your data allowance as its always up-dating.

what text is the GPS on and traffic and how does that work and you think it will help my map lines

not go out of sync at times being mine just updates every 40 seconds.

This is my hard wire cigi 3 way and u.s b all off ignition.

attachicon.gifIMG_0479.JPG

How long have you have the 3-way cigarette splitter for? Been reading some reviews on amazon, some are great, others not so great. Complaining about the product becoming defective after a few uses?

I think I might get this tracker or something similar, given how cheap they are. Does it work ok even though it's hidden where it might not get a good GPS signal? And does it have a feature where it will automatically send you a text if the car starts moving, but not keep bombarding you with texts when you don't want it to?

I know there is a certain accuracy to within "X" amount of meters, which I can live with. But with that hidden android phone I have in the Car, the tracking was way off at one point yesterday:

attachicon.gifGPS.jpg

Apparently I travelled from Bristol to London in 1 minute, and stayed in London for 5 minutes (as there were 5 separate location history points). Then I was back in Bristol 5 minutes later, lol!

Warp speed lol ;)

I think I might get this tracker or something similar, given how cheap they are. Does it work ok even though it's hidden where it might not get a good GPS signal? And does it have a feature where it will automatically send you a text if the car starts moving, but not keep bombarding you with texts when you don't want it to?

Warp speed lol ;)

Star ship enterprise!

Phil, I'd recommend it. I'm always able to get its location. I'm currently 11 miles away from my vehicle. Yet I can track it, even with the tracker hidden in the vehicle.

If you decide to get one, I'll give you some tips on the ideal settings.

• Like 1

What sim are you useing in yours as i don't get a good line on the map,its there and not bad but i use pc

GPSLIVE and the line is a nice bit off the road at times.

Also did you have to do a lot to put your sim in as mine was done for me.

• 9 months later...

Hi, I'm resurrecting this thread as it is relevant to what I'm now trying to do.

I've got a Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost Zetec 5dr 2013 plate, and looking to fit a new Rewire security GPS tracker called the 303-FLEET

http://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/gps-303-fleet-car-vehicle-tracking-device-coban

It takes const power, ignition power, and earth. The plan was just to fit a couple of piggy-back fuses on the interior fuse-box for the power. Any suggestions about which circuits to use? I'm not messing with the important ones ;-) so I guess go for the audio or something?

Then any suggestions on how to configure the tracker for optimal power saving and low data use -- but with good tracker coverage would be appreciated now you guys have had some experience with yours.

I assume the constant power drain is very low. I wouldn't want to leave the car parked up for a couple of weeks on holiday only to come back to a dead battery!

Thanks for any advice.

Hi, I'm resurrecting this thread as it is relevant to what I'm now trying to do.

I've got a Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost Zetec 5dr 2013 plate, and looking to fit a new Rewire security GPS tracker called the 303-FLEET

http://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/gps-303-fleet-car-vehicle-tracking-device-coban

It takes const power, ignition power, and earth. The plan was just to fit a couple of piggy-back fuses on the interior fuse-box for the power. Any suggestions about which circuits to use? I'm not messing with the important ones ;-) so I guess go for the audio or something?

Then any suggestions on how to configure the tracker for optimal power saving and low data use -- but with good tracker coverage would be appreciated now you guys have had some experience with yours.

I assume the constant power drain is very low. I wouldn't want to leave the car parked up for a couple of weeks on holiday only to come back to a dead battery!

Thanks for any advice.

Hi,go with the rear wiper one that's what I used and there is a screw just behind the glove box for the earth.

As for setting it up i have mine set so it goes asleep if no movement and it works great,if its a phone sim one all

the setting is done by sending it a text,my GPS update is set at about 20 seconds i think but not sure so it does

its location update then and uses NO money off the top-up sim,there are loads

of setting to mess with and the Online tracker program is great and good info,also hide it as once wired up no need to touch it.

Topped mine up 12 months ago and still got £6 area left.

Thanks for the tips Jason.

Yes, it does use a mobile phone SIM (it came with a Lycamobile sim), and it does go to sleep when there is no movement, so maybe I don't need to fuss about data usage too much. It is a private car, not a travelling salesman type set-up :-)

I'm assuming that the rear wiper power is switched with the ignition, so I'll also need a constantly on supply for the particular tracker type I have got. Any suggestions about which circuit is good to piggy-back off for that?

I'm thinking "Audio System" which is fuse 21 on this list

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O24742&languageCode=en&marketCode=GB&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1532516&subTitleSelected=G1532518&topicHRef=G1562317&div=f

Thanks for the tips Jason.

Yes, it does use a mobile phone SIM (it came with a Lycamobile sim), and it does go to sleep when there is no movement, so maybe I don't need to fuss about data usage too much. It is a private car, not a travelling salesman type set-up :-)

I'm assuming that the rear wiper power is switched with the ignition, so I'll also need a constantly on supply for the particular tracker type I have got. Any suggestions about which circuit is good to piggy-back off for that?

I'm thinking "Audio System" which is fuse 21 on this list

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O24742&languageCode=en&marketCode=GB&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1532516&subTitleSelected=G1532518&topicHRef=G1562317&div=f

Yes my mistake as i have the 2 wired up,1 for on/off for ignition and other constant live for tracker.

Rear wiper is ignition

As for the constant live there are a few spare slots so if i remember i used one of those.

I think fuse 6 was rear wiper.

post-52758-0-92453700-1452096850_thumb.j

This is the constant live,how I found it was get a tester screwdriver with the light in and earth wire on it.

Found a spare fuse hole and been on since I did this topic,might be fuse 40 looking at your

fuse box picture as its a spare hole.

Fuse 19 is a constant live feed too as it is for the obd port :) Fairly straight forward to piggy back :)

• Like 1

Fuse 19 is a constant live feed too as it is for the obd port :) Fairly straight forward to piggy back :)

Pulling fuse 19 is probably a better thing to do & disable the OBD as this is the weak link.

There must be another perma live fuse to use

• Like 1

Test a few as I found one spare.

Maybe I'm being a coward, but I'm going to avoid the fuses that cover data stuff (OBD, SYNC, etc) in case they freak out, and will avoid the circuits that I really really don't want to stop working (airbags, power steering, etc). I'll pull from some basic 'cigar lighter' type circuit for switched power, and hunt around the board for an unused permanent live.

That's the plan...

I agree with using the rear wiper fuse for ignition switched power. It's not the end of the world if that stops working - some cars don't even have a rear wiper.

• Like 1

You're only adding an in line fuse using the piggy back idea so it should effect anything as it will always have its original fuse in place.

• Like 1

You're only adding an in line fuse using the piggy back idea so it should effect anything as it will always have its original fuse in place.

I agree it should not be a problem, but the original circuit now passes through a £1.50 piggy back adapter that I bought off eBay from some guy in Hong Kong -- so who knows how well that works ;-)

• Like 1

I agree it should not be a problem, but the original circuit now passes through a £1.50 piggy back adapter that I bought off eBay from some guy in Hong Kong -- so who knows how well that works ;-)

Then get down to an electrical shop and pay extra for it?

If the odb port breaks it isnt such a major issue, you take out the piggy back slap the fuse back in and warranty? - + the car becomes less easy to steal ;)

• Like 2

They work fine, I've bought 3 in total - and they all work as they should. I've tapped my rear dash-cam into the reversing lights fuse, which is live when ignition is on. The other 2 piggy-backs I've used for my under seat subwoofer.

My front dash-cam runs on a piggy backed 12v socket, which is also live when the ignition is on.

post-62796-0-66932400-1452173052_thumb.j

• Like 1

Ive purchased 5 for a silly low price from China and they all work perfectly. I've abused one to the point that it won't take much more within breaking the pins off. but, it still works perfectly :)

Just do what i did on mine use the spare slot then you cant cause any problems.

The picture i put on here is my tracker and been there for months with no problem.

Your can go to a garage but it will only be the same way and cost you.

• Like 1

For people who are worried about piggy back fuse, why don't you use one of those power banks you can use as an emergency mobile phone charger.

• Like 1

^ That could work quite well, but obviously you'd have the extra hassle of charging up the power block. Also that could be potentially more risky than using a piggy-back fuse because if the power block is a cheap Chinese one it could go up in flames inside the car.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club