Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.4 Low Idle, Any Help Appreciated

oneillchris

Hhello all I've an issue with my car it has a low idle problem when the car is warm, the whole car vibrates but doesn't cut out.

I've replaced spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, fuel regulator, cleaned throttle body, checked pcv tubing with car starting and is perfect, any ideas??? am I missing anything??? any advice appreciated as I'm a bit lost at the minute,

oil and oil filter has also recently being changed, put the cat on diagnostics and no error codes came up but load was 40 or 48 can't remember which,

Any help advice greatly appreciated thanks for reading

Idle control valve would be the obvious choice these cars idle at between 670-730rpm

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply removed it and cleaned it with carb cleaner and also cleaned Maf sensor, do u think the the idle control valve could just need replacing?

mines done this but was bouncing on idle.. ended up gettin ecu reset and KAM reset...seems to have done the trick....for now.

Was it a computer job to reset it or how did u do it? Did it cost much, thanks for your reply

If the idle control valve doesn't sort it you'll need the ecu update from ford at £90 you're better replacing the idle control valve first cleaning it doesn't really work

yeah i would take to them and get diagnostic done before replacing anythin if it was me

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club