Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard Query.

Jord1982

My Focus 2.5 Facelift model is showing on the dash the bonnet is open and i is illuminated and makes a warning sound everyone and then. This just flashed up while driving & won't disappear dispute opening & closing the bonnet several times (the bonnet wasn't open originally) there is also an astrix/star that is also illuminated. Can anyone help? It would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

The illuminated star may be your ice warning, Is it 4 degrees or lower there?

The bonnet warning points to a corroded/jammed sensor in the bonnet lock, give it a good blast of WD40 or electrical contact cleaner and see how you go.

Thanks for your help. The light normally comes on when the weather is freezing but it was warm & sunny yesterday, I didn't know if it was linked to this bonnet issue because it's only come since then. I'll try your advice with WD40. Is just around the latch under the bonnet then?

Yep, around the latch.

You should see a metal pin sticking up from the top of the latch, spray around that and operate it a few times to work the oil in.

If that doesn't help then you may need to swap the latch unit over or get it looked at.

Brilliant. I'll give it a try. Thanks so much for your advice Stoney - I really do appreciate it, I'll let you know how I get on.

• Like 1

When I got in my car after work the next day, the heating was working - no hot or cold not to mention air con! I assumed it was related and checked the fuse box, one of them was lose, I replaced it and hay presto! It all worked. Thanks for all your advice.

I had same problem with bonnet warning...but just as stoney says, I gave it a good squirt with WD40 and it did the trick...didn't dissappear till the day after tho

• Like 1