Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Ecoboost 2Nd Service

H8XME

Hello

Does any one know how much a second service should cost ford told me £200! Seems excessive for oil and filters.

Any advice on where to take instead.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds about right. 2nd service will include a brake fluid change so if this is included its not a bad price for a main dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks for the reply

I got them down to £175 are you sure about the brake fluid change

Brake fluid change is normally an optional extra, but is recommended at 2 year intervals

Yep. Brake fluid is changeable every 2 years. Individually I would guess it'd cost around £50 at a main dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Quick update

I told them when I dropped the car off that it had an oil leak at the cam cover from the sealant at the cam belt part.

To which they said they would look.

I collected the car with the check list saying no oil leaks!

The guy said if they ticked yes they would keep the car till fixed.

Jammy ay

Air filter not changed either?

• 6 months later...

I have this morning found an oil leak on my what I think is the cam belt cover this is in front of the dipstick where the plastic cover comes down to the two bolts connecting the cover to the engine . Have you had it fixed and what did they do to fix it .My car is still on waranty and is 1.0 125 ecoboost.

My previous 1.0 focus had the same issue due to a pin hole in the cam cover. Ford tried 1st saying it was the silicone sealant. But re appeared so I took it back to dealers and they replaced with a new cover. Tell them it's a known issue

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply I will book the car in so that it can be sorted, you say it is known problem is there a ford service bulletin about this or have you seen others on the internet with this leak.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club