1 reply to this topic

#1 brian1mc

brian1mc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus C-MAX Activ
Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:14 PM

Hi,
Not sure if I should post this in the focus or C-MAX forum, but I think it's more of a C-MAX than a focus ! :)

I recently bought a 2006 Ford Focus C-MAX Activ from a ford dealer, who fitted the optional ISOFIX fittings in the back seat. He told me the car was ISOFIX compatible, one of the reasons I decided to go for it.

I'm about to order a car seat for our new arrival (due oct 4th ! ) and I'm running into a bit of hassle. The car seat we've chosen, a mama's and papa's one, has an isofix base with an arm which reaches to the floor for support. However, the focus c-max has a false floor, and as such the guys in the car seat shop say that it is not suitable. Seems crazy considering the isofix connections are available.

So, does anyone know if this is safe? A guy in the shop also mentioned that he heard it was possible to get some sort of block that fills the gap in the false floor, giving it extra support, which then makes it compatible.

The seatbelt isn't long enough to get a base which is attached to the seatbelt... it looks like the only option is to get a car seat where the seatbelt will wrap around it (without any base).

Any comments / suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 car_bloke

car_bloke

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: C-Max, 1.8TDCi Titanium, 2008
Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:01 PM

Hi All,
I'm new to FOC - just got the green light to add comments.
We have a CMAX 1.8 TDCi Titanium - it was new build in 2008 and unfortunately the internet dealer did not give me advice on the FREE OPTION like a space saver wheel instead of the gunk; isofix seats instead of normal seats, privacy windows instead of wind-up shield...etc...also, the top of the range Sony stereo keeps reverting to an older date and time every now and then and I have to correct it. - Will be seeing the Ford dealer about that.
By the way, does anyone have an issue with the second gear in certain driving conditions where the gear is struggling to move the car (obvioulsy not from a standing still situation) and the turbo eventually kicks in?

ANYWAY - back to the isofix car-seat problem - we have just gone through that process - our 2nd daughter is 2 months old now. We looked at the extendable leg on an isofix base but the false floor is too deep; you can't use the base with the floor plate still on - it is not safe to do so. I couldn't find expandable adaptors! So we decided on a seat belt harness system so we do not have the luxury of "plugging in and plugging out" the baby seat - i fshe is asleep we simply carry her and she will get used to sleeping on the move - it became a life-style choice eventually.
Come on Ford - sort it out!!
I came back to Ford because of the new Focus and the new CMAX.
Never had trouble with our Mamas and Papas plug system in my VW Golf mk4.
All the best, Car-Bloke

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users