• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spadey

spadey

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 LX
Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:31 PM

Anyone else get a crunch noise when putting the car in reverse when going from neutral? It seems ok going into reverse when going from first but when strating the car up and going straight to reverse it makes a crunch noise. Car is a 2000 1.6 LX Estate

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Micro

Micro

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Name: T
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.6
  • Year: 2010

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:58 AM

Anyone else get a crunch noise when putting the car in reverse when going from neutral? It seems ok going into reverse when going from first but when strating the car up and going straight to reverse it makes a crunch noise. Car is a 2000 1.6 LX Estate

Get this when going from Neutral -> Reverse when the car's just started up in my mums Focus (2002). She always used to shout at me for not having the clutch fully down, but since doing it herself and my dad, we've just accepted that it does it every now and then!

#3 Owen J

Owen J

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: None (yet!)
Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:53 PM

My knowledge may be outdated but I've always been led to believe that there is no synchromesh with reverse on any car. Hence nearly all cars have a tendency to 'crunch' when selecting reverse. The best way to reduce it is to hold the clutch pedal down a bit longer than normal before selecting reverse. I also find blipping the throttle slightly helps too.........

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users