1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spadey

crunch into reverse!

3 posts in this topic

Anyone else get a crunch noise when putting the car in reverse when going from neutral? It seems ok going into reverse when going from first but when strating the car up and going straight to reverse it makes a crunch noise. Car is a 2000 1.6 LX Estate

Anyone else get a crunch noise when putting the car in reverse when going from neutral? It seems ok going into reverse when going from first but when strating the car up and going straight to reverse it makes a crunch noise. Car is a 2000 1.6 LX Estate

Get this when going from Neutral -> Reverse when the car's just started up in my mums Focus (2002). She always used to shout at me for not having the clutch fully down, but since doing it herself and my dad, we've just accepted that it does it every now and then!

My knowledge may be outdated but I've always been led to believe that there is no synchromesh with reverse on any car. Hence nearly all cars have a tendency to 'crunch' when selecting reverse. The best way to reduce it is to hold the clutch pedal down a bit longer than normal before selecting reverse. I also find blipping the throttle slightly helps too.........