Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Had To Phone Ford Uk !!

Athers

I got my kuga titanium x about 3 weeks ago , anyway when I placed order salesman said it would come with roof bars ( free appearance option on titanium and titanium x) , I must admit it took me 3 days to notice bars were missing , so I went to dealer and salesman tried to tell me all sorts of cr@p , first it was I didn't ask for the bars , then today it was I didn't ask for appearance pack , I didn't pay for that option so I couldn't have roof bars and I was then told the most outrageous thing " it's not possible to retro fit roof bars and he knew that as they had tried retro fitting roof bars before and it's just not possible they have to be fitted at factory " lol

Now I was getting cheesed of so came home , first I printed some roof bar fitting instructions that a seller had sent me off eBay ( to prove to salesman that he was talking sh*t

So then I went onto ford uk site and on first page on kuga it says all titanium a come with free appearance pack

So got on phone to ford uk , spoke to a lovely woman , who couldn't do enough to help . I explained about appearance pack , also that when I collected car there was no paperwork with it ( service book or manuals) I had to collect them 3 days later . She said your car should come with the free appearance pack and she would phone the salesman and find out what was going on ,she came back to me within 10 mins to say salesman was out and so she spoke to sales manager who said the salesman had not told him anything about problem and he could only say sorry for the hassle and they would have car in this week to RETRO fit appearance pack on car lol

Salesman phoned me about 20 mins later Trying to make out he had sorted it all as a favour . Once it's all sort will be putting in a complaint about salesman as the thing he does not know is all conversations we have had in last 3 weeks I've recorded onto my iPhone :-)

• Like 2

Sorry to hear you have had all these issues. I had the same prknown with the books for the car still don't have any and the car is 18 months old . Last time I asked for then I was directed to the Ford website to download the pdf lol I am all up for saving paper but I think that when you spend good money on a230k car they at least give you the manuals lol

Anyway I hope you get this all sorted out. I am sure you'll love your Kuga. I still get a big smile when I drive mine.

• 2 weeks later...

No still not sorted , now have manuals , roof bars look like they were fitted by a 90 year old blind dwarf who had difficulty reaching roof :-(

Now they didn't fit privacy glass are they are wanting to put tinted film on , as " it's to expensive to fit proper privacy glass"

But now found new problem , had towbar fitted by dealers agent , and towed trailer on Saturday only for reversing sensors to still be on so when reversing they went crazy . Now I've looked on net and according to ford problem is that they should have used a special loom that has a sense wire in to tell ecu to turn of both reversing sensors and fog lights

Dealer wants to install a switch , not proper lead , I thought no way but upon further investigation , some/most cars that are made abroad/ in Germany ( as mine was) get the reversing sensors fitted at the dock (?) and so don't match with fords own wiring diagrams and can not be switched of via canbus but do require a switch to be fitted , what a crap job , and if this is how they make and sell kuga titanium x 's then I will never buy another ford as long as I live either new or old

So a new car , only 3 weeks old has so far had to have roof bars retro fitted , privacy glass (?) to be retro fitted when I can get a proper deal and it seems even the reversing sensors that come with I believe all kuga's are retro fitted

I would take it back and demand the original factory fit bars be fitted, the proper privacy glass (yes they will have to replace all the glass), and the tow bar should have been fitted by the Ford dealer with official parts as they need to use IDS to tell the car it has a tow bar fitted.

If they won't fix it, I would ask to reject the car, and have a new one built to the correct spec.

• Like 1

I would take it back and demand the original factory fit bars be fitted, the proper privacy glass (yes they will have to replace all the glass), and the tow bar should have been fitted by the Ford dealer with official parts as they need to use IDS to tell the car it has a tow bar fitted.

If they won't fix it, I would ask to reject the car, and have a new one built to the correct spec.

well said, I would have refused car from day 1.

• 11 months later...

Since  October 2015, the Consumer Rights Act  allows you to reject a new car outright within 30 days of purchase but you should realise that most dealers will continue to fob you off and speaking as a fully skilled new car rejector - you really should put your complaint in writing and what you propose to do if it is not sorted, deliver by hand or signed for postal delivery.

Show them you mean business the longer you dither the worse it will get for you.

Del.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club