3 replies to this topic

#1 Braders

Braders

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST170
Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:11 PM

Hi, I found out what is causing the engine managment light too come on my car, its the lambda sensor.
I was wonderin how much one of these would cost and if I could fit it my self. If so how do I do it?

Its the pre cat lambda sensor on a focus st170 54 plate

Cheers people

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,194 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hi, I found out what is causing the engine managment light too come on my car, its the lambda sensor.
I was wonderin how much one of these would cost and if I could fit it my self. If so how do I do it?

Its the pre cat lambda sensor on a focus st170 54 plate

Cheers people

your looking at around 42 plus delivery from online automotive, although i would get the part number of the old one if you can and give them a call to double check. failing that have a look on ebay

http://www.onlineaut..._...&se_pr_ref=

you could fit this yourself, not a difficult job providing the old one comes out.

#3 Braders

Braders

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST170
Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:10 PM

your looking at around 42 plus delivery from online automotive, although i would get the part number of the old one if you can and give them a call to double check. failing that have a look on ebay

http://www.onlineaut..._...&se_pr_ref=

you could fit this yourself, not a difficult job providing the old one comes out.

thanks mate, price doesnt sound too expensive lol, very happy with that,
but how would i remove the lambda sensor, i looked at it last night and i can unplug one end of it but the actual sensor which plugs into the cat im not too sure about, i didnt wanna force it just in case i damage the cat or something

#4 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,194 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:52 AM

thanks mate, price doesnt sound too expensive lol, very happy with that,
but how would i remove the lambda sensor, i looked at it last night and i can unplug one end of it but the actual sensor which plugs into the cat im not too sure about, i didnt wanna force it just in case i damage the cat or something

yep i thought the price was reasonable, there are genuine ones on ebay for a whack more.

my advice would be to give it a good soak with some wd40 and leave it overnight if you can. sometimes a rag soaked with it and wrapped around the sensor may help too.
you should get away with using a 22mm ring spanner on it. if it doesnt come free then it may require some gentle heat from a blow torch.

if it does come out, a little bit of copper grease on the threads before you put it back in is a good idea. the new one doesnt need to be super tight either, just nip it up and it will be fine

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users