Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Braders

Lambda sensor help!

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I found out what is causing the engine managment light too come on my car, its the lambda sensor.

I was wonderin how much one of these would cost and if I could fit it my self. If so how do I do it?

Its the pre cat lambda sensor on a focus st170 54 plate

Cheers people

Hi, I found out what is causing the engine managment light too come on my car, its the lambda sensor.

I was wonderin how much one of these would cost and if I could fit it my self. If so how do I do it?

Its the pre cat lambda sensor on a focus st170 54 plate

Cheers people

your looking at around £42 plus delivery from online automotive, although i would get the part number of the old one if you can and give them a call to double check. failing that have a look on ebay

http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/product_...&se_pr_ref=

you could fit this yourself, not a difficult job providing the old one comes out.

your looking at around £42 plus delivery from online automotive, although i would get the part number of the old one if you can and give them a call to double check. failing that have a look on ebay

http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/product_...&se_pr_ref=

you could fit this yourself, not a difficult job providing the old one comes out.

thanks mate, price doesnt sound too expensive lol, very happy with that,

but how would i remove the lambda sensor, i looked at it last night and i can unplug one end of it but the actual sensor which plugs into the cat im not too sure about, i didnt wanna force it just in case i damage the cat or something

thanks mate, price doesnt sound too expensive lol, very happy with that,

but how would i remove the lambda sensor, i looked at it last night and i can unplug one end of it but the actual sensor which plugs into the cat im not too sure about, i didnt wanna force it just in case i damage the cat or something

yep i thought the price was reasonable, there are genuine ones on ebay for a whack more.

my advice would be to give it a good soak with some wd40 and leave it overnight if you can. sometimes a rag soaked with it and wrapped around the sensor may help too.

you should get away with using a 22mm ring spanner on it. if it doesnt come free then it may require some gentle heat from a blow torch.

if it does come out, a little bit of copper grease on the threads before you put it back in is a good idea. the new one doesnt need to be super tight either, just nip it up and it will be fine