Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Platinum Battery?

onlyoneunited

My car is taking a bit longer to start lately, and sometimes the clock and fuel gauge flicker and restart when i turn the ignition- so I'm feeling I'll need a new battery asap.

Has anyone heard of platinum prestige batties? I'm thinking of taking the hassle free option and getting one from kwik fit down the road-otherwise i'd buy a Bosch and fit it myself but it would save me a lot of driving to buy and dispose the battery.

I wouldn't go to Kwik-Fit!!

If you have a Euro Car Parts near you, they offer battery disposal. They were doing a £3 trade-in too.

Another option is to stick it up on the Facebook sales/swaps page as being free for collection

• Like 2

I wouldn't go to Kwik-Fit!!

If you have a Euro Car Parts near you, they offer battery disposal. They were doing a £3 trade-in too.

Another option is to stick it up on the Facebook sales/swaps page as being free for collection

They still are offering £3 trade in

OK, i can't see anything on their website though about trading in the old battery, and how would it work, would I change it in the car park then give them the old one then?

Only takes a few minutes, so yeah - why not? :D

or do it at home and leave old battery on the edge of road, or on your drive.

gypsys round here prowl the housing estates while we all at work and if its metal or battery they will have it away without asking! lol

• Like 2

It's surprising though how people don't steal things when you want them to. We had a traffic cone left on the road outside our house after they finished some roadworks, and that stayed there for weeks without being pinched. We had to ring up in the end to get it taken away!

• Like 1

i might just get it delivered by europarts, its only £45 on-line price for a Bosch battery apparently, the £3 id get for the battery i'd lose on fuel to get there. I'll probably just take the battery to the local recycling centre

Keep the battery never know when you might need a jump start and no spare car handy

i might just get it delivered by europarts, its only £45 on-line price for a bosch battery apparently, the £3 id get for the battery i'd lose on fuel to get there. I'll probably just take the battery to the local recycling centre

Stick it out front somewhere with a sign saying "£5" and it'll go!!

I've done that with a few things lol

Funniest one didn't even have a sign on it - it was an old shoe rack. It was next to bin ready to throw out when all of a sudden there was a tap at the window. A chap had picked it up, waved at us and gave us a thumbs up and walked off. My Mum just about wet herself laughing!!

• Like 1

i took a wrought iron gate off its hinges at side of house to get something in the garden, while in the garden it dissapeared in minutes, never saw anyone, now made a wooden one, lol wont want that

• Like 1

i took a wrought iron gate off its hinges at side of house to get something in the garden, while in the garden it dissapeared in minutes, never saw anyone, now made a wooden one, lol wont want that

ninja scrap van :ph34r: