Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Blanking Plate Location

Mark twiglet

I have a 2 litre 130hp mondeo estate 05 mk3 and have fitted a blanking plate...... But power is down and lost grunt!

Which end of the pipe should it be fitted? The front end next to egr sensor or the other end at the back right of the engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Makes no difference! Both do the same thing as long as that pipe is blanked off!

I may take a few journeys for the ecu to learn the new parameters as the engine will now be getting totally fresh air instead of re-used gases.

You can speed the relearning process up by removing the battery terminals for a short while... make sure you got your radio code though!

A few journeys........ I did it about 6 weeks ago and I do a thousand miles a week! Perhaps it's something else!

Yeah i would say that as well! Did you notice the loss of piwer and grunt as soon as you put the plate on? What happens if you take it off again, is power restored?!

I bought the blanking plate to cure a black smoke problem which its cleared by fitting it...... But it's lost 40-50% of power immediately after fitting it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club