Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mp215 To Stage 2

neil1jnr

Hi,

I currently have the MP215 kit for my ST. I managed to pick up a cat-back Mongoose exhaust system, different induction kit, airtec intercooler and samco hoses along with a short shifter for £600 second hand.

I will be fitting the parts next Saturday with my mate. I spoke with someone from Mountune last year about having to re-map the car again if I changed any parts and I was tol that an exhaust intake and intercooler would be fine without another map.

So, has anyone went from a MP215 map (or any stage 1 map) and then changed hardware without any issues?

Cheers

You'll be fine with those parts with MP215 or any other stage 1, don't expect much in the way of gains. Most stage 2 require a sportscat or decat.

• 2 weeks later...

All fitted now and I have to say there isn't any noticeable gains.

Turbo spool and blow off is really quite loud. The exhaust is very deep and loud, but onlu upto 4k rpm, after which it strangely sounds like the stanadrd exhaust?? Has anyone one else fitted a catback system and experienced the same thing?

I am tempted now to have it mapped again to suit the hardware changes but maybe I should wait and source a sports cat/de-cat first?

Cheers

I'm waiting for my mountune cat back, I'll let you know once I get it.

All fitted now and I have to say there isn't any noticeable gains.

Turbo spool and blow off is really quite loud. The exhaust is very deep and loud, but onlu upto 4k rpm, after which it strangely sounds like the stanadrd exhaust?? Has anyone one else fitted a catback system and experienced the same thing?

I am tempted now to have it mapped again to suit the hardware changes but maybe I should wait and source a sports cat/de-cat first?

Cheers

The sound could be the symposer overpowering the noise from the exhaust, you can buy blanking plugs.

Ideally have the sportscat fitted at the same time as the map, or as close together as possible.

I'm waiting for my mountune cat back, I'll let you know once I get it.

Aye, others cars I've had with catback sytems are louder the higher the revs, but they were NA, not turbo charged, it is odd though. I'll have to get someone to drive by, or record a drive-by at full chat.

The sound could be the symposer overpowering the noise from the exhaust, you can buy blanking plugs.

Ideally have the sportscat fitted at the same time as the map, or as close together as possible.

This is with the symposer unplugged, I'll have to get a blanking cap as its far too boomy and odd with the exhaust and symposer. with the symposer on it's less noticeable that it is quiter at higher rpm. I'll have to find a sports cat for sale second hand or buy a new decat, I can't be arsed paying over £400 for a sports cat. I think I'll follow your avice and once it does go for a map, do a rolling road session before and after.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club