Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2006 1.8 Tdci - P0089 - Continuation

RoadkillUK

Sorry about this, but this is a continuation from http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/69150-2006-18-tdci-wont-start-code-p0089/

The car still refuses to start, I have done the following.

• Replaced the filter
  • Used a vacuum hose to pull fuel through from the tank
  • Replaced the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor
  • Replaced the Fuel Pressure Regulator
  • Replaced the Fuel Metering Valve

There's more below the pic ...

5lUc1Qsl.jpg

As you can see by the following photo, I have totally bypassed the tank, fuel line and fuel filter by using a funnel and short piece of clear pipe. As I crank the engine the fuel goes down slowly but that car makes no attempt to start.

MuAQDpol.jpg

Here is another pic of the parts I have replaced ...

SIehoB1l.jpg

I did notice that when I replaced the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor, I started to get a reading when previously it was at 0.

So, what I'm asking now is ... and I don't want to ... do we think all this points to the fuel pump needing replacing?

I have a fuel pump that I collected yesterday after a 4 hour round trip, that is where I got the sensors from, also I got the fuel rail too, is it worth swapping out the fuel rail?

Thanks, Lee.

have you checked the wiring to the fuel rail pressure sensor?

Ok, job done, fixed, sorted.

Turns out that the original problem was the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor, it was reading 0 at all times, when it should be fluctuating, the reason it wouldn't start after replacing this was air in the system. As you can see by my previous post ^^^ that I used a funnel and piece of pipe to fill the fuel hose, I was actually testing to see if the low pressure pump was sucking.

Anyway, sorted.

Hope this helps someone.

Lee.