Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reflection Shots

JC600

• 3 weeks later...

and another of the sky with a slight tweak....

engine3-2-1.jpg

Honda civic I corrected and protected last week.

Not all reflections..

post-57403-145004513075_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145004514247_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145004515455_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145004516949_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145004518372_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145004519758_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

BMW wearing my new wax. Should be ready for launch this month!!

Opinions?

post-57403-145004525904_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145004527742_thumb.jpg

post-57403-14500452896_thumb.jpg

post-57403-14500452999_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145004533934_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Your new wax ready to launch?? The black BMW looks lustre fella...is this wax especially for black /dark paint jobs, I've not long ran out of poor boys black hole wax which is good but leaves dusty white residue in the tinniest of gaps so now I'm back with auto glym black wax which again is okay but not as good as poor boys...

Think my car could do with a professional "mop"....... whatever that is,but heard good things..

• Like 1

First off,the wax is indeed ready for launch! Although I'm waiting on labels :(

I could do you one cheaper as they're unlabeled?

A mop is an old term. It stands for machine operated polisher.

You want a machine polish or paint correction. Where abouts in the country are you? You could also consider using a filler glaze (available from my website) to apply to your paint and fill in any light scratches such as swirl marks

• Like 1

My wax is completely natural so will not cause any white marks what so ever. It will actually restore your faded trim to an extent!

It's blue in colour as you can see, and its currently being tested by people with multiple coloured cars which are daily use & others which are more special occasion/show car. It's a Montan & Carnuaba blend with a Parma Violet scent

• Like 2

I really ought to clean my car...it's been through many long treks up & down the country lol

Can't remember the last time I washed it...

• Like 1

Ginger Flame..thanks for the reply fella.....I'm pretty fastidious when I valet the mondy..well I thought I was till I discovered FOC :)

The actual surface is very slick and it beads really well and once freshly valeted&waxed she belies her 10 years...

But....I bought the car at 4 years old (55 reg) and although it had the ffsh low miles 38k back seats never used and the previous owner being 50+ he's probably not ragged it car is sweet and now 6 years later is only showing 52k...( but also had mk2 mondeo as a second car) I think the past owner although a good owner, lacked valeting know how and has used an automated car wash....arrrrggghhh..

So yeah would be looking for the full Montague... cover these swirls and scratch marks.. No

Don't know what types of process the professional detailer like your good self use but by the looks of things you have a good system and would definitely be more than happy for you to do your magic on her..by the way I live in Cheshire.... enough said:lol::lol:we don't all drive rs3's and Cheyenne's...

• Like 1

46ced4af6053a3ae56b554a90553a014.jpg

post-57403-145122015344_thumb.jpg

Wax reflection on a Gtechniq Base & trim restoral example!

Now available on the website for preorder

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

Fiesta I've been working on since yesterday morning.

Fully clayed (image shows bonnet only), fallout removed & tar removed.

Then had a full machine polish using CSP's detailing system combined with the Rupes Bigfoot 21mm.

The paint was then topped in Yorkshire Detailing's Reversal Hard wax.

The wheels were sealed using MadCow Wheel Seal.

Trim restored using Reversal.

Glass sealed using Gtechniq G1.

post-57403-145150441449_thumb.jpg

post-57403-14515044236_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145150444087_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145150444903_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145150445722_thumb.jpg

post-57403-145150448543_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I really want a machine polisher!  But I'm scared of burning a hole through the paint (or through the entire bonnet as in streetsleepers pic lol). 

Just can't get a deep enough finish by hand, beads well in the rain but just doesn't look great dry.  I drive a lot of B roads with over hanging bushes as well so there are quite a few light scratches the length of he car that I can't seem to remove. 

Would I be able to do anything about that with a fairly tight budget and time restraints?  Maybe with some discount through Yorkshire detailing... ;)  Usual 'polish' is SRP, though I know that doesn't really cut, and wax with Poorboys Nattys Blue paste.

• Like 1

The scratches would require machining or even possibly wetsanding! Machine polishers have come a long way recently.

There's ROTARY. This is just a single rotating disc. They cut hard and build up alot of heat.

There's DA (Dual action) where the disc rotates clockwise, and the actual mounting hardware rotates to increase the area covered & reduce heat build up.

Then there's the newer RO polishers. random orbit.

This is what I use. I have a Rupes LHR21ES. It has a 21mm throw and build up next to no heat. It's designed to make it impossible to create holograms yet cuts more than a Rotary! But.. they come with a price tag!

As you said, SRP isn't a true "polish" but a filler glaze which fills in light imperfections

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

Is there a decent cheapish DA you'd recommend?  Can't afford an RO and rotary is just asking for trouble lol.

Also what polish would I need to use with that?

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Is there a decent cheapish DA you'd recommend?  Can't afford an RO and rotary is just asking for trouble lol.

Also what polish would I need to use with that?

Look at either a DAS6, DAS6 PRO, or DAS6 PRO+ 

Im selling some menzerna compounds & polishes ranging from 300 to 2400. Im also looking to shift about 20 different pads too! 

The vinyl doesn't reflect as well as a paint finish - this is the best I can manage!

56aa654b4d4a4_160128-reflections1.JPG.f8

56aa654a27150_160128-reflections3.JPG.0c

• Like 1

Vinyl no excuse.. look at Croftgate USA. your vinyl will become like a mirror with their products. Cleanyourride has samples too!

Vinyl no excuse.. look at Croftgate USA. your vinyl will become like a mirror with their products. Cleanyourride has samples too!

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

To be honest it's mostly to do with the texture of the wrap...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club