Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Spot The Poor German Car!

chrisroberson99

All less than a year old...

InstaSize_0405165654.jpg

Bottom right is a 16 plate RS3...ouch!!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chrisroberson99

• jeebowhite

• hywelkidd

• Ianb

I saw a brand new vw bug this morning, on the motorway, resting on its side....

• Like 1

Somehow I don't think VW's emissions scandal is going to be forgotten soon! Saw this on FB earlier...:laugh:

VW Meme 1_zpstja9uqhs.jpg

• Like 4

I think that emissions thing is pathetic.  My 405 probably puts out more emissions than those "dodgy" Volkswagens (you should see the smoke coming out of its exhaust for the first 30 seconds after cold starting), and it is still road legal! 

Lets face it, all vehicles are bad for the environment - why is it such a big deal that one manufacturer made their engines seem a bit better than they were?  It isn't any different from other manufacturers proclaiming high MPG figures when in real life they only achieve 75% of what is advertised.

To be honest, I don't think the problem really resides with the fact they conned the system, it's more to do with the way they did it and the fact they very nearly bent their customers over a table. Ultimately though, it's fraudulent and deceptive, qualities often regarded as bad enough, except it's worse when it comes to something of such high value and especially from someone you expect better from.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Exactly as James said, it's to do with the fraud, rather than the emission figures themselves.... If they lie about that, what else could they be lying about? Damaged the trust...

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Exactly as James said, it's to do with the fraud, rather than the emission figures themselves.... If they lie about that, what else could they be lying about? Damaged the trust...

Yes you are absolutely right, it is just a shame that the society we live in these days is pushing manufacturers to lie in order to make their cars "fit in" with the niche.

Working for a silicone Valley company and having all the rules over your head I can understand. Customers want more out of their purchase, much more than ever before. These are the devils on the shoulders, then you have the angel on the shoulder (European union) reigning it in, saying you can have these things as long as they don't do

X y and z, manufacturers want business so build what we want, they then have to tie in to everything. It's trying to balance between acceptable by standard and exceeding expectations, fraud and deception though should never be used.

If the Eu guff meant I could own a car up to 200hp that's one thing, and as much as I would love it if Ford built a 500hp machine, I don't want to be conned into the purchase...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Found this on Reddit

6ONTtEP.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 17/07/2016 at 11:46 PM, GMX said:

Oh, the shame...  How could you finish filling up and walk away without taking the nozzle out!?  That's like checking your engine oil and then driving off with the bonnet still open.  These people should have their driving licences suspended!  If you can miss something like that, what else could you miss?

• Like 2

Or like checking the oil then leaving the Ford badge flapped over...oh wait, people do that all the time and it really annoys me! :laugh:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Or like checking the oil then leaving the Ford badge flapped over...oh wait, people do that all the time and it really annoys me! :laugh:

Yes, that irritates me too!!  I saw one like that parked recently and had to resist the urge to walk over and flip it back :laugh:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah I had a Focus following me the other day with the badge flipped over, had to stop myself looking in the mirror cos it's so annoying haha.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...