• Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fiesta_Flight

Clutch or Gearbox problem

4 posts in this topic

I have a ford fiesta flight, 1.3, 2001.

The other day I was driving - trying to get in lane. I was in second gear, accelerating pretty hard; I was too busy concentrating on the traffic around me. Then i looked down into my speed gauge, immediately heard the engine was over revving;I began to change into third, missed, then after a huge racket, I got her into third.

After that incident my gearbox stiffened and 1st gear pull offs judder. The gearbox has loosened up abit though. If i accelerate moderately the gearbox stiffens up slightly.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks in advance

If it's stiff goin into all gears then I would say that the clutch is to blame, if not then it could be the linkages or more likley the gearbox.

I had the exact same car as you and often struggled getting into third gear, sometimes took me several attempts and crunching.

Is she silver? xxx

I have a ford fiesta flight, 1.3, 2001.

The other day I was driving - trying to get in lane. I was in second gear, accelerating pretty hard; I was too busy concentrating on the traffic around me. Then i looked down into my speed gauge, immediately heard the engine was over revving;I began to change into third, missed, then after a huge racket, I got her into third.

After that incident my gearbox stiffened and 1st gear pull offs judder. The gearbox has loosened up abit though. If i accelerate moderately the gearbox stiffens up slightly.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks in advance

hi i have got zetec s 09 only two months old and i have the same problem i was on motorway last night and i couldnt get it out of 5th gear then further down road couldnt get it in to gear scared the life out of me i aint impressed. taking it to ford today.