3 replies to this topic

#1 Fiesta_Flight

Fiesta_Flight

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.3 Flight
Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:52 AM

I have a ford fiesta flight, 1.3, 2001.

The other day I was driving - trying to get in lane. I was in second gear, accelerating pretty hard; I was too busy concentrating on the traffic around me. Then i looked down into my speed gauge, immediately heard the engine was over revving;I began to change into third, missed, then after a huge racket, I got her into third.

After that incident my gearbox stiffened and 1st gear pull offs judder. The gearbox has loosened up abit though. If i accelerate moderately the gearbox stiffens up slightly.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks in advance

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

If it's stiff goin into all gears then I would say that the clutch is to blame, if not then it could be the linkages or more likley the gearbox.

#3 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

I had the exact same car as you and often struggled getting into third gear, sometimes took me several attempts and crunching.

Is she silver? xxx

#4 char

char

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec S 09 panther black

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:56 AM

I have a ford fiesta flight, 1.3, 2001.

The other day I was driving - trying to get in lane. I was in second gear, accelerating pretty hard; I was too busy concentrating on the traffic around me. Then i looked down into my speed gauge, immediately heard the engine was over revving;I began to change into third, missed, then after a huge racket, I got her into third.

After that incident my gearbox stiffened and 1st gear pull offs judder. The gearbox has loosened up abit though. If i accelerate moderately the gearbox stiffens up slightly.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks in advance

hi i have got zetec s 09 only two months old and i have the same problem i was on motorway last night and i couldnt get it out of 5th gear then further down road couldnt get it in to gear scared the life out of me i aint impressed. taking it to ford today.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users