Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had A Small Accident.

Strutter

So, I reversed into a small poll, no real damage, but I did manage to smash my bottom right ( facing) reflector/ light, or what I assume is the rear fog light cover.

Anyone replaced one of these and know where I would get such a part from?

Could probably find a fiesta getting broken down for parts. Failing that, fordpartsuk or Ford dealer is your next bet.

I'm sure they are screwed in from the back but not 100% sure.

• Like 1

Thanks, just after posting I went looking, not to bad about £20 seems to cover the part, I can only see in pictures one bolt at the back, seems I have to replace the entire unit, so will have to wait till morning to have a look under to see whats what..really hope its not a big job!

Haven't fitted the fog light one but the standard reflector, which is probably fairly similar, is held in by two torx screws. One can be accessed by removing the clip which holds down the material lining the wheel arch and then peeling it back. The other is awkwardly obstructed by a piece of plastic but you can get it if you get the angle just right, you need to jack up the rear end though.

You may end up having to take the bumper off to actually be able to get the unit out, I imagine access on that side is worse with the the exhaust etc. Good luck

Hmm wonder if it might be just worth taking to my local garage then?

I did same with mine but it was the reflector on the left side i smashed, cost me about £15 for the part and went and bought a touch up pen for the paint damage for an additional £10, so £25 in total for parts, i was lucky though as I have a friend who is a mechanic so he just fitted the part for me

If you can get the part and fit it yourself it might be cheaper for you, then just take the part to a garage and ask them to fit it? It's literally a 5 - 10min job if they have it on a ramp

Do you know of have any clue if the main bolt that attaches it is on the under side of the wheel arch, IE you have to pull the cover off to revleal it?

Also, where you get the touch up pen!?

Do you know of have any clue if the main bolt that attaches it is on the under side of the wheel arch, IE you have to pull the cover off to revleal it?

I think you have to pull the cover in the wheel arch off, its only held on by plastic clips, but if its your fog light it might be a bit more difficult.

Touch up pens you can get from fordpartsuk.com for about £6 or £7, its like a little pot of paint and a pot of clear coat. Ohh and i think ive seen replacement fog lights on there as well, all genuine ford parts. Ive shopped with them a couple of times and if you cant find something on there they have a request form

• Like 1

Cheers for that, aprt arrived today from a seller on eBay, genuine part, will know with the help of a mate on the weekend if I can do it myself.

I look at the touch up pens but I think I might have one already.

You have to remove one plastic clip to allow you to pull back the wheel arch lining, that lets you get to one but the other one requires you to be under the car.

Is the plastic clip reusable after the fix?

The clips should be reusable, mine are anyway

Okay, so this is difficult, removing the main back screw is dead easy, the arch material has a little give that makes the screw easily accessable, but my god the little placeholder screw at the other end, its RIGHT at the main chassis meaning you cannot get a screw to fit dead on to it, so having ot find an L shaped Phillips head ( yes, phillips head, one end torx, makes no sense!), to remove it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club