Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*my New Fiesta Titanium X - Bumper Damage!

BHeart

Hi, went out to my car at lunchtime today and found that some inconsiderate driver had damaged the corner of my rear offside Candy Blue bumper + minior scrape on the out edge of the mud flap.

Needless to say I'm well p****d off!

I'll post a pic shortly and would like to know how best to treat it.

Here is the promised pic.

The scratch, well it's not actually a scratch, it's more than just a scratch because it's about 3 to 4mm wide by about 2" to 3" long and it has a bit of depth to it because it has 'edges' and has taken the paint off down to what looks like black primer.

I'm also a bit baffled as to why the paint damage mentioned above, just seems to start and then stop with no build up before it and tailing off after it and the 'scrazing' of the paint surface mentioned below was on the paint work below that damage.

There was also what I would call 'scrazing' of the paint surface between the edge of the fog lens and the mud flap but hopefully I think I've managed to t'cut that out.

The outer edges of the mud flap has minor grazing but the damage to the paint is my main concern.

I've had the car since the 5th March and now it's been damaged by some prat who quite obviously could not give a damn!

I'd welcome advice on how I can make this disappear.

post-17044-0-31919700-1428525685_thumb.j

That looks like it's gone right done to the plastic, you could get a touch up kit but you would still notice it. Have seen some detailers touch up deep scratches and flat it down with good results.

I had similar done to mine, a few scuffs, couple of deep scratches with 2 small areas down to the plastic. Had that corner resprayed, think it was £80-90, mines spirit blue and you wouldn't know anything had happened to it.

• Like 1

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I think you're right, there is no primer so it has gone right down to the plastic/fibre glass.

What I can't figure out is what sort of vehicle could have done that? It looks too high for a car to have done it; the 'scratch' seems to just start and finish with the same depth through out - it's like someone has just dug something into the paintwork and dragged it across for about 2 to 3 inches and then pulled it off again.

There was 'scrazing of the paint work below and along to the mudflap but I think I've managed to get that out.

After looking at the pic again, I'm just wondering if whatever caused the damaged started further around towards the back of the bumper and maybe finished on the tyre or/and wheel- I'll have another look today.

Was that a main Ford dealer that repaired your bumper for £80 - £90?

With regard to a touch up kit, it would cover it up to a point but I've never been successful with those.

This really is so annoying!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Looks like it might have been the bar on the back of a van or small lorry.

Or it could possibly be a cyclist/motorbike.

I had a strange gouge appear in my alloy, it had either happened at the factory and I didn't see it on delivery, or my dealer said that they have known bikes to get too close to cars and cause short deep gouges, that don't correspond to another vehicle doing it, or carelessness of the driver.

Yes, that was a main dealers bodyshop, I had a large scuff on the front bumper and a small dent in the passenger doir donexat tye same time.

Thanks to all who contributed to my thread.

I'm going to pop in to my local Ford dealer next week and see if they have a 'smart repair' guy who could do a decent job of repairing it.

I am a bit concerned about paying out too much to repair the damage because it might happen again so, I'm toying with the idea of maybe just touching it up for the time being - as the gouge appears to have gone down to the plastic, does anyone have any tips/advice on how to get a decent result with a touch up kit?

Smart repairs are also called temporary repairs by some people.. chances are it won't last as long as the rest of the paint on the car

• Like 1

Here is the promised pic.

The scratch, well it's not actually a scratch, it's more than just a scratch because it's about 3 to 4mm wide by about 2" to 3" long and it has a bit of depth to it because it has 'edges' and has taken the paint off down to what looks like black primer.

I'm also a bit baffled as to why the paint damage mentioned above, just seems to start and then stop with no build up before it and tailing off after it and the 'scrazing' of the paint surface mentioned below was on the paint work below that damage.

There was also what I would call 'scrazing' of the paint surface between the edge of the fog lens and the mud flap but hopefully I think I've managed to t'cut that out.

The outer edges of the mud flap has minor grazing but the damage to the paint is my main concern.

I've had the car since the 5th March and now it's been damaged by some prat who quite obviously could not give a damn!

I'd welcome advice on how I can make this disappear.

David

What an absolute bummer. As a newbie I can't offer advice but can only sympathise as your new pride and joy is barely a month old!

My missus thinks I'm paranoid when I go find a parking spot way out of the way in a supermarket with our 4 month old Candy Blue baby. I guess half the time this happens, they know what they have done and just drive on the other half have no idea what they have done!

Jamie

• Like 1

i hate it when that happens, someone put a dent in my car a few weeks ago and a scrape down the side and didnt own up, was a van judging by the height in my car :(

When i got my car, 2nd hand, there were similar scrapes on the back bumper, i had a little acciddent a week later that chipped some paint work, i got a touch up pen from ford that matched my paint colour and touched up the scrapes myself. Its not a perfect job using a touch up pen but you cant tell the difference unless you get really close

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club