Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Ka Mk2 - Replace Front Seatbelts?

Eric_Banner

I've got a Ka that has had the pre-tensioners go off on both front seat belts. I took off the rear interior panel today and was able to unplug and unbolt the old reel unit.

However I can't actually remove it from the car as it is threaded through the shoulder point runner. I've absolutely no idea how you get the belt out? It seems to me the bolt for the shoulder point runner must be behind the rear window panes. But even if I could take the window out to unbolt it doesn't really help as I still have the runner on the belt.

It doesn't make any sense to me, is it that you un-ravel the belt from the roll fully and release it somehow?

Long shot - I'm sure it's not a common job but hopefully someone knows!

TIA

you say its the front belts so wy do you need to do anything to the rear glass ???

what model ka do you have

just prise the cover off, its only clipped on,

the runner will come with a new belt from memory so remove old & fit new with belt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club